AVIC411.com

New Z2 "bypass/back door" something to check

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it only worked for me for about 5 miles before i got the error. the wierd thing with mine is even when i hit the reset button, my status screen still shows "3d hybrid", it doesnt reset. i lose all presets and stuff, but the speed pulse is still a really high number (cut my VSS so its not incrementing any more though) and the status doesnt reset.

Well, for the last post...clear all 3 options under 3D calibration (click each one separately) and also click restore all defaults then reset and that should do it. As far as my bypass, I'm at 250 miles with no probs but it certainly now sounds for sure mine will go out. What the heck is this thing looking for at random distances, times, speeds? One thing is definite. This unit was made to watch video and NAV without going out regardless of the forementioned items. Every unit is designed to work in park, with ebrake, no GPS, no VSS signal, and now no int. gyro input. How can one replicate these while driving without triggering the system? It's seeming utterly impossible somehow with such random findings. The EDDC driver must be looking for changes in the GPS and int. gyros and random times, speeds, etc. If it detects an illegal value like ebrake on and GPS moving it shuts off....but why so random from vehicle to vehicle. It obviously isn't designed to check once, but continue monitoring as long as the unit is on. The int gyros are prob involved to detect an illegal value as well. As mentioned, if its analog to digital it could be highly variable. Or, another possibility, the EDDC doesn't always report to shut off video until you get X number of illegal checks. Whatever, it seems you can't win unless you shut off the GPS and who knows maybe even then the gyros would still cause problems.

Got to have a perm software or diff hardware mod it so 99% seems. Until then, I'll just reset my unit when I have too. :)

Timvan,

It won't erase the stored music or at least it hasn't for me the 1 or 2 times I reset it. Check this post by Shooter. Interesting......to say the least. Works like mine. I wonder how far he's tested it and the unit has calibrated and what accessories he has. Is he mentioning anything different than what others have tried...like disconnecting the reverse wire? Could a metal wire connection to the unit cut (like the VSS) cause the video outage? Hmmm...the more people post success/failures the more likely a hardware fix while others smarter than me work on the software end. There is a fix...........so close yet so far.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... d8d34541b1

tried and spent 3 1/2 hours. it worked untill i slowed down to 5 mph and went back to oem message. please help have pissed off customer. thanks mark

Maybe you should explain the way it works before you sell it. That way they either wait for the bypass or they don't buy it.

All good things must come to an end...... ya my z2 was bypassed for about 350 miles and sure shit I got the parking brake error, so I will have to reset mine tomorrow, sounds like in some of the other forums they are comparing the z1 and z2 hardrives so hopefully we will figure something out soon

So not so sure whats going on here but just thought I would inform you guys, at 350 miles it gave me the parking brake error, because I started my car without my switch grounded, well I have not reset the unit since I bought it, but now if I turn my car off with the brake grounded and start it with it on, the unit is bypassed, so basicly I never have to touch anything, I dunno if its a fluke or what but im over 950 miles and it's still bypassed I just leave the brake grounded...... any questions about anything im glad to help, although I dont know much........

It's way less than 50%, I think there are only 2 people that have been successful with this trick. I suppose it could be a glitch or something, or there is something about the trick that isn't being described properly. It almost seems that in the procedure that was described, no one knows exactly what triggers the system to work this way.