AVIC411.com

I bought an avic Z1 off of ebay a couple weeks ago item number is 250107982949(put that in search and it will pull it up) Well basically upon receiving it you can tell that the lcd is broken on the inside The seller put sold as is untested but you can clearly see that it is broken Should i A file a claim with paypal or B send it off to Pioneer to try to get it repaired it was manufactured i believe april of 2006 also if i go with B about how much will it be to fix? Thanks for any feedback

(please dont flame me i know if it is to good to be true it probably is but i like taking chances)

Paypal doesnt really care if you put as is untested.. One of my buddies sold a palm treo on ebay and put as is untested and the guy filed a claim and said that the screen was busted and there was a lot of physical damages to the unit and paypal gave him a refund. and they told if even though the unit says as is you still have to note the physical damages.

anyone had the screens replaced? When someone attempted to rip mine out of the car the pioneer authorized service center said they dont offer replacement screens for it and it would run about $1,000 to fix it with shipping it off and everything.

DSC00718.jpg

DSC00721.jpg

DSC00719.jpg

DSC00714.jpg

my kittah disapproves :(

Insurance bought me a new one. Now I have a pager alarm with a glock :) I want someone to try it again.

Insurance bought me a new one. Now I have a pager alarm with a glock :) I want someone to try it again.

Did they let you keep the old one? If so, what did you do with it?

I wouldn't take a Pioneer service center person's word for it that they can't replace the LCD. I'd need to see proof that Pioneer won't sell just the LCD, in the form of a p/n and plugging it into parts.pioneerelectronics.com.

Unfortunately, to get that proof requires dropping over $110 for the service manual. What a ridiculous price for a manual. :shock: