AVIC411.com

Current Z2 Bypass Bounty

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First u all can write the check to Jon andrews at 643 n wayne st angola In 46703 We have bypassed two Avic-Z2s all u guys have to do is listen to ducati he gives u the part numbers at radio shack and everything there are two 4.88 volt pins behind the avic that measure with dmm one is p.brake the other is in connector two bottom right if u are behind the unit. Go get a pot and hook it up to measure 2.5 volts the only thing is the potentiometer wants to move so that is going to be tough we tried hot glue and tape good luck! The pin in connector two gets the pot the p.brake is direct ground reset unit and off u go ......... :D:shock:

First u all can write the check to Jon andrews at 643 n wayne st angola In 46703 We have bypassed two Avic-Z2s all u guys have to do is listen to ducati he gives u the part numbers at radio shack and everything there are two 4.88 volt pins behind the avic that measure with dmm one is p.brake the other is in connector two bottom right if u are behind the unit. Go get a pot and hook it up to measure 2.5 volts the only thing is the potentiometer wants to move so that is going to be tough we tried hot glue and tape good luck! The pin in connector two gets the pot the p.brake is direct ground reset unit and off u go ......... :D:shock:

Do we limit the 4.88 volts to 2.5 volts and then ground it? or do we apply 2.5 volts to the 4.88 volts (#2pin)?

Hmmm.....even if true, isn't this more difficult than the Z1 bypass?

Who cares how difficult it is. It sounds like anyone with a fair amount of electronics experience could do this bypass. I'm more concerned with if it truly works and if it affects the performance of the Z2 in anyway (i.e. the calibration or the correct reading of the VSS).

I don't have much electronics experience. Could someone explain in more detail what these parts are? It would be great if the next person to try it takes pictures as they do it so they can share them if the process is successful.

Who cares how difficult it is. It sounds like anyone with a fair amount of electronics experience could do this bypass.

I care. This is from my original post in this thread:

I am offering $100 bounty for a bypass for the Z2 that is as easy or easier to initiate as the one for the Z1.

The Z1 bypass doesn't require "a fair amount of electronics experience," nor does it require glue guns or tape. As stated, my $100 is going to the person who figures out a process that is as easy or easier than the Z1 bypass. Everyone else who has pledged money for the bounty can decide for themselves. Personally, I don't care that YOU don't care how difficult is it. This thread is for a bounty under the terms stated.

Do we limit the 4.88 volts to 2.5 volts and then ground it? or do we apply 2.5 volts to the 4.88 volts (#2pin)?

What I gathered from that mess of a runon sentence with no pictures, is to apply 2.5V to pin2, ground the parking brake, and reset the unit.

I care. This is from my original post in this thread:

I am offering $100 bounty for a bypass for the Z2 that is as easy or easier to initiate as the one for the Z1.

I apologize. The way I originally read your post was that you were looking for a true bypass, not one with the hassle of resets every so often or flipping 10 different switches.