AVIC411.com

How To: Find your Vehicle's VSS Wire.

[b]lorien86[/b] - the vss wire is in the factory harness for your radio. I used the Metra GMOS-LAN-01 GM Onstar LAN Data Bus Interface and wired in per instructions, except for the brake wire, since I did the bypass. Also, there is room for your gps antenna under your storage compartment above the radio in between the center speaker opening and the two mounting screws. I have a full strength signal. Also, I used the factory xm antenna and dropped the xm box in the back compartment where the jack and factory xm box are.
  • Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="JasonH"]Simply enter your Vehicle Year/Make/Model here, and it will tell you where the VSS Wire is.

[url=http://www.rostra.com/techsupport-main.asp]http://www.rostra.com/techsupport-main.asp[/url][/quote]

No listing for a 2000 Buick Regal GSE.

Also, anyone familiar with Metra harness 70-2018 - 32 pin factory adapter with rca plugs for external amp??? Guys at Metra say I need this to hook up to GM harness since I have the optional "Monsoon" system. Install.com not sure if this will work.

Thanks.
This is a great forum! I have the Z2 now, and want to put it in my 2002 Tundra, S with ext cab. That car isn't listed on the rostra site. Anyone have any ideas where the VSS and reverse lines are that I can tap? I have the bypass to install also. Thanks much - keep up the great dialogue!
Found the VSS wire for the 2002 Tundra Extended cab, automatic, V8. IT IS the Green/Orange as I was told above - thanks! Good news - it runs thru a junction box, J7, directly behind and to the left of the radio cluster - back on the firewall. So - didn't have to putz with the instrument cluster. It is also on the ECM, plug E4 (second from the left), behind the glove box, pin 5. Hope this helps the next guy!
  • 3 weeks later...
just wondering where the V.S.S and the reverse wire hookup could be made nice and easy. i see that if you have the auto volume feature , it should be on the stock harness, but would it be the same color and tracer as under the hood, which says it is green/white? also is it just easier to run the reverse wire to the taillight , or try to find it in a fuse panel or something? thanks, i dont really feel like paying two hundred bucks for some jackass to hook this up . any help is definately appreciated
yes it is the same , and your vss wire is grey, with a black tracer Passenger’s Side Fender Well (Between Engine Bulkhead & Shock Tower)
Pos3 of Black 10 pin Speed Control module. you can also use the search on here , put in f150 and vss and im sure you will get a post that relates to you
I vaguely remember it being in the front center of the engine bay. I don't remember exactly since the only one I did was shortly after the vehicle was publicly availible. Was my first and only foray into sidework for a dealership...... Big mistake that was....