AVIC411.com

How To: Find your Vehicle's VSS Wire.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks Mis Fit.

I will look there. Someone said it was also int he radio harness and i was hoping to catch it there so i didnt have to splice a wire. I could just do it in the plug and see if i can do it around the adaptor plugs for the new stereo
[quote name="impalacustom"]Mickey, MisFit is right you have to get your VSS from the BCM. It is the dark green wire. There is no VSS at your radio, it used a class 2 signal for the speed sensitive radio.[/quote]

Thanks, I finally broke down and did it yesterday and took it off the BCM,
Was one of those things wished i could have found something easier to tap them this was. (I'm old and not as flexible LOL )
Anyone know the VSS for a 2008 Honda Civic DX?

I searched various forums and google it, but nothing. It should be the same for the 06-08 models (DX only)

I think the wire is different for the DX since this model doesnt come with a radio and has no cruise control.

THe link from the first post does not have my car

Thanks for the help
just becuse you have no radio dont mean you dont have the wires int eh same place. look for it there anyway.
mos tof th etime they will throw the same harness in a car no matter what the options are if they are something that is not a seperate harness it is cheaper for them to order 50,000 of the same then 40,000 of one and 10,00 of another.
so i would look for it in the same place any way.
also you can call a dealer ship withc is what i did the other day for s&g and foudn out there really is a Vss wire in the back of the radio but they had two diffrent answer on witch one it was lol so i just hooked it up and the B.C.M and was ovr it
So on another forum i user reported that he does have a wheel speed wire in the 08 Ford Fusion. Its blue/orange and it is in the d.s. rear. I tried hooking it up in my 06 fusion and i get no pulses.

Is it true that an 08 fusion has a wheel speed sense wire thats blue orange, and the wire in my 06 fusion that is blue orange in the exact same spot he claims is NOT the wheel speed sense wire?

This is getting ridiculous because im getting conflicting stories.