AVIC411.com

How To: Find your Vehicle's VSS Wire.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a post here asking about VSS info for a 2007 Toyota Matrix and posted info about a 2004, but we just bought a 2006 Toyota Matrix that we want to install a D3 in and were wondering where the VSS wire was and where the best place to steal reverse power was (without going to the taillights unless it is best) for this year.

Thanks

Jay

I found a post here asking about VSS info for a 2007 Toyota Matrix and posted info about a 2004, but we just bought a 2006 Toyota Matrix that we want to install a D3 in and were wondering where the VSS wire was and where the best place to steal reverse power was (without going to the taillights unless it is best) for this year.

Thanks

Jay

Here ya go

Speed Sense purple/white ECM, second plug from right, pin 17

Notes: The ECM (Engine Control Module) is behind the glove box.

Reverse Light red/black + front of fuse box, 10 pin plug

Also the same color in the driver's harness to the rear of the vehicle.

merry xmas

See thread here or post reply in this thread. Edit: Request for VSS & reverse wire for 1999 Toyota Landcruiser. Got the Metra adapter to stick with factory amp on AVIC-D3. Still looking for what the loose wires are from the adapter (just heading over to Metra's site now). Do they correspond with the same colors coming off the D3, or Toyota's wire colors?

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8596

Thank you for your help!!!

-James

My wife just got the z2 installed over at Circuit City. I was checking various screens and found that her VSS isn't connected (unit is in Simple Hybrid Mode). Anyone know where to find the wire on a 2004 Ford Freestar? She didn't have speed sensative volume (that I'm aware of) but she does have cruise control.

Thanks in advance.

~Nyte

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone installed a Z2 in a new Thunderbird? My certified Pioneer install shop went to the speed sensor wires on the wheels but neither wire did the job. We then used the auto volume speed wire that went to the radio. I got a irratic pulsing of numbers from zero to 17 but mostly zero. Someone suggested tapping into the brown wire in abs line at the rear wheel before going into ABS module. Does that sound logical? Have not tried it.

anyone know where to find the vss wire in a 2008 ford superduty? thank you

Your truck is a new model year and a redesign year as well, could be tough. If your rig has the speed sensitive volume on the stock radio the VSS will be in the one of the radio harnesses. In many Ford truck models of the last few years this has been a grey/black wire. However, your rig is new so proceed with caution. You should also pose this question to the guys over at ford-trucks.com.