AVIC411.com

How To: Find your Vehicle's VSS Wire.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah thats what i thought, i checked a few but they didn't know to much, called tech support from pioneer and they said i need a can bus interface to read the grey black behind the radio for vss, and called eclipse later on n they said its a white black in driver kick n wiremagic said the same, so im just going to try all those n hopefully that works.. will let everyone here know just in case they have a ls to work on 8)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr

Would it be at the radio harness?? If I knew the color of the wire out of the sensor, would that stay that same color all the way up into the harness?

Thanks,

Burn

Greetings. I have a 2006 Ford Fusion which should be wired the same as the Zephyr. I also have speed sensitive volume. Am I as out of luck as the rest of the more recent Fords having to go to the wheel speed sensor? Thanks.

2006 Lincoln Zephyr

Would it be at the radio harness?? If I knew the color of the wire out of the sensor, would that stay that same color all the way up into the harness?

Thanks,

Burn

Greetings. I have a 2006 Ford Fusion which should be wired the same as the Zephyr. I also have speed sensitive volume. Am I as out of luck as the rest of the more recent Fords having to go to the wheel speed sensor? Thanks.

Yep.

Yep.

Holy crapwhistle, Batman! That blows. Anyway, could you point out ye olde reverse wire? Thanks in advance.

MadTxn

Ye olde Reverse wire

Reverse Light green/white + driver kick or SJB, conn. E, pin 21

Notes: The SJB (Smart Junction Box) is part of the fuse/relay box under the driver side dash.

Thanks. For anyone else who ends up searching on a 2006 Fusion, that connector has two green/white wires. It's almost impossible to see which one goes to what pin. The reverse is 20 gauge, and the other is 18 gauge.