AVIC411.com

How To: Find your Vehicle's VSS Wire.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="deo345867"]just trying to locate the vss wire for a 2002 nissan altima. is the 2002 the same as the 2005-2006?? does it matter if your car is an automatic or stickshift? my car is a stickshift 2.5s... please help[/quote]
Speed Sense blue/yellow pin 9 @ instrument cluster
If vehicle has the midline audio system or BOSE, the vehicle speed sense is also found at the radio, it is pink.
Speed Sense dk.green/white ECM
The ECM (Engine Control Module) is located near the battery, down low, between the fender and the fan under the black plastic cover. On the 4.3L, the VSS wire is at pin 3 in the connector labeled black. On the 4.8L, 5.3L, and 6.0L, the VSS wire is located in pin 50 of the red connector.
Hey guys,
I've search for a long while trying to get the info on the location of the Vss wire and rev wire for my 2008 4runner SR5. Tried the rostra site and no luck there either. Putting in the D3 today and hopefully you guys can help. Also, do I really need to worry about these wires? I know it will make the navi more exact but is it worth the trouble? Thanks!!!
OK, I put the D3 in my 4runner and my wife changed her mind on keeping her 08 Sequioa stock. Of course with hers she wants the new back up cam, bluetooth, and the D3 hooked up correctly. So I pose the question again, this time for a 08 Toyota Sequioa. Where can I find the Reverse wire and VSS wire for the 08 Sequioa? Thanks all!