AVIC411.com

Z1 to Z2 Update shipping this month

Nobody knows 100% what is in the update until it is released or Pioneer releases the information. The fact that the update is so many months behind makes me think that there may be more to it than simple map and gracenote updates. But TBD... TBD.

I agree, would be funny if it offered more features then the Z2.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the updates are out,this is the email i got from Pioneer.

Dear Valued Customer,

We wanted to let you know that our first shipment of the new

2007 navigation disc (CNDV-70MTP) just arrived. We were

able to get our first shipment earlier than we expected. The

discs are now available on pioneerelectronics.com.

http://pioneer-usa.rsys1.net/servlet/cc ... klQgLlV2VS

We have limited quantities and will assign discs on a first c

ome basis.

Thanks,

Pioneerelectronics.com

This message was sent by Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. using Responsys Interact.

http://www.responsys.com/rsvp.asp

Safely unsubscribe from Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. e-mail at any time:

http://pioneer-usa.rsys1.net/servlet/op ... JHlmDgLmE0

View our permission marketing policy:

http://pioneer-usa.rsys1.net/servlet/pp ... JHlmDgLmE0

Hi All- this is my first time to this site. I am glad I found it. I purchased a Z1 in January 07. As soon as I got it installed, I realized that nothing is in the maps...my home address wasn't even in there, which leads me to believe that the map is over 6 years old. I have been in my house 7 yrs this September! As you all know, the Z1 is not cheap. I spent $3k on the navigation system, acessories, and installation. Well, I have been in constant contact with Pioneer about this and they kept telling me to check back Spring time for an upgrade. Well, I just found out about this upgrade. Let me tell you...Pioneer is NOT easy to deal with. I wanted to speak with a manager today about this issue to see if they would help out with the cost of this $250 upgrade, when I already spent over $3000 on this unit. Basically, the customer service rep refused to forward me to a manager and then hung up on me!! whatever! :evil:

Has anyone else had issues with the maps? I can't tell you the number of times I have gotten lost trying to use my $3000 GPS... and I live in Northern Virginia which is a huge metro area! I am willing to buy this upgrade, but only if it is worth it!! Anyone else have success with their upgrade from Z1 to Z2? Any negatives you wish to share?

do you live in an area thats new? I've had no issue except once trying to find a place. that was only cuz that area was new. also check to see if the GPS works fine 'does it know the location of where u are driving?'

did you or the shop do the calibration?

do you live in an area thats new? I've had no issue except once trying to find a place. that was only cuz that area was new. also check to see if the GPS works fine 'does it know the location of where u are driving?'

I have lived in my house for 7 yrs. My development has been around for 15 yrs. I can't even do a "return home" function on my GPS. You must have gotten lucky where you are with the directions. You would think the Nations Capital would be in the GPS map! :?

Tweeter installed my unit and did all of the calibrating.

I have lived in my house for 7 yrs. My development has been around for 15 yrs. I can't even do a "return home" function on my GPS. You must have gotten lucky where you are with the directions. You would think the Nations Capital would be in the GPS map! :?

Tweeter installed my unit and did all of the calibrating.

lucy! why am I?? I've tested it in so many places and only failed once. If it was installed correctly then you should not have any issues.

good luck