AVIC411.com

Z1 to Z2 Update shipping this month

Just got a phone call from our rep that the Z series update disks are orderable and will ship by the end of June. He didn't have any info on whether we will actually have to generate a code off the web or anything to install it, but said he will know by the time I have it in my hands. The model # is CNDV-700HD and is $250 retail

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the new rumor is it will not disable the bypass but in fact will make the Z2 bypassable, as read on this forum.

If it turns out to be true, then thats a bunch of horse crap. After dropping x amount of dollars on a brand new z2, now i'd have to drop x amount more money on a damn disk so that I can bypass my z2?

buncha corporate crapola if you ask me.

I am sure one of the guys on here that is much more intelligent than me will figure out what part of that update actually changes the bypass and post it on here.

If it turns out to be true, then thats a bunch of horse crap. After dropping x amount of dollars on a brand new z2, now i'd have to drop x amount more money on a damn disk so that I can bypass my z2?

buncha corporate crapola if you ask me.

Nobody knows 100% what is in the update until it is released or Pioneer releases the information. The fact that the update is so many months behind makes me think that there may be more to it than simple map and gracenote updates. But TBD... TBD.