AVIC411.com

Z1 to Z2 Update shipping this month

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard that you will need to retrieve a password from online to finalize the update. And even a rumor that only pioneer authorized dealers will have access. Either way a copy will proabbly not work.

The way it works in Europe (just did the update myself, it's available over here) you need to input the serial number of your unit, together with a serial number you get with the two update DVD's on the Pioneer website . You then get a 16 digit password back. When you insert the DVD in your Pioneer, it asks for this 16 digit password....

I would imagine it (will) works the same in the US... Update takes a little over 3 hours to complete...

well JWQ, did it do anything to your bypass??

I am assuming you did this update to a Z1.

Well, in Europe they're called HD1 (=Z1), and HD3 (=Z2).

We don't have all these problems you seem to have with bypassing the units :P , for both the old HD1 and the new HD3, all you have to do is permanently ground the handbrake input....

Hi All- this is my first time to this site. I am glad I found it. I purchased a Z1 in January 07. As soon as I got it installed, I realized that nothing is in the maps...my home address wasn't even in there, which leads me to believe that the map is over 6 years old. I have been in my house 7 yrs this September! As you all know, the Z1 is not cheap. I spent $3k on the navigation system, acessories, and installation. Well, I have been in constant contact with Pioneer about this and they kept telling me to check back Spring time for an upgrade. Well, I just found out about this upgrade. Let me tell you...Pioneer is NOT easy to deal with. I wanted to speak with a manager today about this issue to see if they would help out with the cost of this $250 upgrade, when I already spent over $3000 on this unit. Basically, the customer service rep refused to forward me to a manager and then hung up on me!! whatever! :evil:

Has anyone else had issues with the maps? I can't tell you the number of times I have gotten lost trying to use my $3000 GPS... and I live in Northern Virginia which is a huge metro area! I am willing to buy this upgrade, but only if it is worth it!! Anyone else have success with their upgrade from Z1 to Z2? Any negatives you wish to share?

I just want to mention to Z1Help that my house isn't on the Z1's map either. According to my Z1 I live in a marsh :shock: . Anyways, you can always just mark any point on the map as your home, even if it's not on a street. So while a bunch of streets aren't around me, the Z1 will get me close enough to my house so that I know how to get home from that point anyways. I will say that the fact that your 6+ year old street is not on the map is rather odd, but honestly any map gripes should be with Teleatlas, since they provide the maps to Pioneer. Either way, it still sucks not to have your street on the map.

Pioneer is now listing the Z1 Upgrade disks. The "buy it" option isn't up yet but; from what I remember with the CNDV-70MTP upgrade disk (for the other navigation radios - D1 & D2 etc), it took about a week and a half for the "buy" option......

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v ... 56,00.html

It Won't be long now.....

CNDV-700HD

Upgrade for Pioneer HDD Navigation System(AVIC-Z1)

Model Year 2007 TeleAtlas Database

12 Million Points of Interest

Compatible with AVIC-Z1

Suggested Price: $250.00

Pioneer is now listing the Z1 Upgrade disks. The "buy it" option isn't up yet but; from what I remember with the CNDV-70MTP upgrade disk (for the other navigation radios - D1 & D2 etc), it took about a week and a half for the "buy" option......

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v ... 56,00.html

It Won't be long now.....

CNDV-700HD

Upgrade for Pioneer HDD Navigation System(AVIC-Z1)

Model Year 2007 TeleAtlas Database

12 Million Points of Interest

Compatible with AVIC-Z1

Suggested Price: $250.00

that only looks like an upgrade for the map and not the update to Z2?