AVIC411.com

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what are the odds of being able to use an image off of one of these new by-pass unit to by-pass the "outdated" Z2's.

I haven't tried it yet, but I would bet that the odds are 100%. I'll bet if you unlocked both drives and stick them in a PC and then do a copy of all files from the new one to the "outdated" one, it will be bypassable when you put the drives back in the unit.

We just need someone who has one of these new units to unlock their drive and make a drive image and post the files for us.

I bet it will work on Z1s also. :P

LOL, i think you told me that back in April. Just give it a few weeks. LOL. I can wait, no problem.

Talk about bad timing! LOL... I just had my Z2 installed a couple of weeks ago, and my serial number sticker on the box says "May" - ROFL

I'll wait patiently for the more advanced to figure it out... and my installer is waiting patiently too!

So you want to save a little money and buy off the internet? You'll get the old Z2 pre-production june 07. It's the only dumping ground to get rid of the Z2's that can't be bypassed. The specialty dealers have the ability ( and you know who your dealing with) to look you in the face across the counter, when your giving over your hard earned savings, that this is the newest version and it will work. Internet Dealers for the most part are like buying sex on a busy drag during sting operations. You don't know who your dealing with, and they could care less if you get ripped off. After the cash is deposited, your just another statistic.

Seriously, what you saved on the internet versus bying legit, only gets you an overpriced doorstop!