AVIC411.com

No, I have a Feb 07 Z2 unit unfortunately. Since a number of folks here and about already have a Jun 07 image, I anxiously await confirmation here as many do if it actually is bypassable or just a rumor.

How many conformation do you people need? there are at least 4 different people that have it on this board alone and you guys still question it? the reason why there isnt more because they are shipping both bypassable and non bypassable units. so right now it is hit and miss. if you want one so bad call your local stores and ask them to look at the master carton.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I have a Feb 07 Z2 unit unfortunately. Since a number of folks here and about already have a Jun 07 image, I anxiously await confirmation here as many do if it actually is bypassable or just a rumor.

How many conformation do you people need? there are at least 4 different people that have it on this board alone and you guys still question it? the reason why there isnt more because they are shipping both bypassable and non bypassable units. so right now it is hit and miss. if you want one so bad call your local stores and ask them to look at the master carton.

At least 4 people have the image, but i've just confirmed that it's not bypassable by any currently known means.

It's entirely possible that some june units are bypassable and some are not, and I got shafted with mine :(. I'm going to try and buy another one locally and rip the hard drive to see if anything's different. Hopefully I can find a bypassable Z2 image.

Now we confirmed the software from the June Z2 is completely different from the previous software on the earlier Z2 models. Why would Pioneer go to lengths to do this if the unit is not enhanced or bypassable? That doesn't make much since to me. One might think that someone was coming close or leaked a way to bypass the earlier software? Any other possibilities? Seems like a lot of work for Pioneer to do for nothing.

They would go to those lengths because Z2s were rotting on shelves while shops sold the crap out of the D3s because they were bypassable. And its not like the software is completely different if its a five minute fix, just a quick patch. I don't really care why they did it, but I am glad they did :)

Now we confirmed the software from the June Z2 is completely different from the previous software on the earlier Z2 models. Why would Pioneer go to lengths to do this if the unit is not enhanced or bypassable? That doesn't make much since to me. One might think that someone was coming close or leaked a way to bypass the earlier software? Any other possibilities? Seems like a lot of work for Pioneer to do for nothing.

Hyperite,

Now, I'm just throwing out a suggestion here...now that you have the June image on your drive, try a couple other combinations along with the two-wire method. Headlight flash, reverse activation. I'm skeptical of it working but it's worth a try.

Hyperite,

Now, I'm just throwing out a suggestion here...now that you have the June image on your drive, try a couple other combinations along with the two-wire method. Headlight flash, reverse activation. I'm skeptical of it working but it's worth a try.

I did, I flashed pretty much everything during the boot sequence. Nada.

They would go to those lengths because Z2s were rotting on shelves while shops sold the crap out of the D3s because they were bypassable. And its not like the software is completely different if its a five minute fix, just a quick patch. I don't really care why they did it, but I am glad they did :)

Can you hook us up, lead us somewhere that we can get it or do you have any other info that can help us here on this forum to try to get this quick patch. Like you I do not care why they did it I just want it done. Anything will help!!!