AVIC411.com

Removing Hard Drive on a June Z2 without power

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hyperite, have you tried the brake flash x times on boot yet? I would be trying this too but my truck is in the shop for other reasons... Get it back by next Monday, so can assist at that point...

Cheers

Don't have the brake hooked up.

but i'm skeptical of that working.... sounds like someone somewhere just had an idea and thought "hey i'll suggest this!"

CONFIRMED- The June Z2 software DOES NOT bypass the lockouts with the 2-wire method.

:( Guess we'll have to keep digging in the software

did we ever get confirmation from "rage" that his june z2 that you got the image from, did in fact bypass?

CONFIRMED- The June Z2 software DOES NOT bypass the lockouts with the 2-wire method.

:( Guess we'll have to keep digging in the software

did we ever get confirmation from "rage" that his june z2 that you got the image from, did in fact bypass?

No, he was waiting for some interior pieces to install it, but it's pretty unlikely.

• 2 weeks later...
but the motor on the bottom has a small worm gear. You can spin that with a screwdriver until the screen is about 1/2 way down, then just gently pull it the rest of the way.

Do you need to remove the bezel around the LCD to get to the worm drive? Does anyone have pics of the worm drive or links to pics of power-off drive removal?

I have a fresh, new June Z2 that I have not powered on yet. Please help.

33k!

but the motor on the bottom has a small worm gear. You can spin that with a screwdriver until the screen is about 1/2 way down, then just gently pull it the rest of the way.

Do you need to remove the bezel around the LCD to get to the worm drive? Does anyone have pics of the worm drive or links to pics of power-off drive removal?

I have a fresh, new June Z2 that I have not powered on yet. Please help.

33k!

No pics, but why do you want to pull your drive?

I was kind of wondering about that too, now that hyperITE has come up with the good bypass, it seems almost worthless to unlock a Z2 drive. Especially making sure it's never been booted up before. Just power it on, and open the face and pull it out. I think Rage2 has already shown the effort to yank it not powered up doesn't yield much extra over letting it power up once.