AVIC411.com

The Final AVIC-Z2 Bypass- Look no more!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone wants a copy of the disc if there's no password required. All you have to do is charge lets say $20 for a copy, using Paypal and have the copy of the upgrade disc on you home computer. Using a FTP application with a password you supply, the people that pay would be able to upload the software. Simple, Secure, and everyones happy. Plus you'll probably make a profit.

Well, most important to me is

a) does applying this update allow Z-1 owners to continue to use the two-wire bypass, and

B) is it WORTH it? Meaning, I have very little issue with wrong street information - a few missing POIs, but nothing catastrophically wrong. So other than wanting the latest and greatest, do we know how substantially different the data is? I assume there's not cosmetic or functionality changes.

If anyone can describe the differences, that would be helpful...

Well, most important to me is

a) does applying this update allow Z-1 owners to continue to use the two-wire bypass, and

B) is it WORTH it? Meaning, I have very little issue with wrong street information - a few missing POIs, but nothing catastrophically wrong. So other than wanting the latest and greatest, do we know how substantially different the data is? I assume there's not cosmetic or functionality changes.

If anyone can describe the differences, that would be helpful...

My thoughts exactly. Living in SoCal the map data is pretty dang good. I almost never get routed incorrectly. Worth $250? If it is only map data ,then not to me.

It is my understanding that the password is only needed when updating a Z1 to a Z2. The upgrade process of a Z2 to Z2(bypassed) does not require a password and therefore does not require you to enter the media id number and serial number of your unit.

That being said, Sparqui if you updated your Z2 to Z2(bypassed) with this DVD, I would be willing to purchase the DVD and supplied media card from you as long as you can verify that the media has not been registered.

At a discount of course.

A disc image will not work in my case(Z1-Z2 upgrade) and I would bet there would be great legal issues if Pioneer caught wind of an image on the net.

PM me if you are willing to part with the DVD and media card / media number.

Steve

It is my understanding that the password is only needed when updating a Z1 to a Z2. The upgrade process of a Z2 to Z2(bypassed) does not require a password and therefore does not require you to enter the media id number and serial number of your unit.

That being said, Sparqui if you updated your Z2 to Z2(bypassed) with this DVD, I would be willing to purchase the DVD and supplied media card from you as long as you can verify that the media has not been registered.

At a discount of course.

A disc image will not work in my case(Z1-Z2 upgrade) and I would bet there would be great legal issues if Pioneer caught wind of an image on the net.

PM me if you are willing to part with the DVD and media card / media number.

Steve

You are in fact correct with your statements. The disc is advertised as an upgrade disc for the AVIC-Z1. It was only the great leap that I purchased it and was able to get it to work as a bypass (on a Z2 rather than a Z1). I made a backup of the hard drive in case I really screwed it up (which I truly thought might happen). As it turned out, it worked and I am very happy about enabling the unit the way it should be. I can certainly justify spending the money on the Upgrade Disc to give myself the features that I had access to on my old AVIC-D1. I cannot guarantee that this will work for anyone else, but it worked for me. I reacted exactly like the -D1 bypass functionality, so I am relatively certain that this is the bypass that everyone is looking for.

Not sure if I want any legal battles with distribution/sales, so sorry to have to decline your offer... :(

So then this sounds awesome, but I have a couple questions.

1. Was this update DVD made for?

a. To convert the Z1 to a Z2?

b. To update maps and firmware on the Z1?

c. To update maps and firmware on the Z2?

2. What will this firmware do to our Z2?

a. Make it bypassable like the Z1?

b. Convert the Z2 back to a Z1?

c. Remove any features, functionality, speed, usability, etc...?

Basically I know the Pros for this update (bypassable), but what Cons are we looking at?

Nice find on this btw guys, really exciting stuff!