AVIC411.com

The Final AVIC-Z2 Bypass- Look no more!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Im understanding this correctly, will this work on an upgraded z1? My bypass stopped working when I upgraded. (flashers upgrade) I hope so.

Upgraded what to what?

1st Gen Z1 - > Bluetooth Updated Z1?

Either Z1 -> 1st Gen Z2?

If you're asking if this disc will allow a unit to bypass by flashing the lights, I'm gonna say 'no', even though I have no direct evidence of that.

I know it wont work I upgraded from z1 to z2 and the bypass for z1 doesn't work anymore.

Everyone knows the flashers bypass won't work anymore because it puts the bluetooth update on the Z1.

After you use the Z1 to Z2 upgrade does the 2 wire bypass still work?

That is the only question still left unanswered.

It works perfectly 2 wire bypass was simple.

Z1 to Z2 upgrade with 2 wire bypass :D

Ok I can confirm this.. I updated my Z1 original purchaced in March of the release so never had to ground the 2 wires it works with the flasher bypass... I removed the flasher grounded my parking break and the other wire it says for the 2 wire bypass and it is bypassed.... 100%... so for those of you wondering when you upgrade your Z1 the bypass still works or will work if you add it...

Wasn't already posted under upgrade disc or are you talking about something else?

The disc I was told about is the one that you supposedly have to buy for $250. I'll post in here when I found out more. I'm sorry to tease, but that's all the info I have for now.

Another Pioneer rep on another forum that I frequent just confirmed that the upgrade disc will be available from Pioneer's website as a FREE download. He said next Thursday it should be up on the site.

If Pioneer would be making available a Z2 update for existing Z2 owners via download from there site the following paragraph would not matter, however if it doesn’t come through consider the following…

A while back I thought that we determined that the file/s responsible for the ability to bypass was in the “APL†folder from The “PRG0 & PRG1†folders. If somebody could send me a copy of the APL folder from the new bypassed Z2 I could compare the contents and determine what file/s need to be changed. This may make it easier for those who have unlocked HDDs to just swap files in the APL folder. These files would be much smaller and much easier to transfer via e-mail / network. Just a thought

mine works. Mine was manufactured in june '06. I did the upgrade from Z1 to Z2 for the blue tooth upgrade. when i upgraded the flashers stopped working. All I did was ground the connetor #2 pin and presto! took me more time to get the custom kit back installed....lol :roll:

true conformation...