AVIC411.com

The Final AVIC-Z2 Bypass- Look no more!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the bypass wiring is the same as doing the Z1?

Just a matter of getting the upgrade disk or downloading from Pioneer's site if they put the "upgrade" on there this week, load that disk and then do the two wire upgrade and we're good to go?

Sounds easy enough! :)

One problem with my bypass maybe someone can help me with.

I installed the ISO software update, I grouned the 2 wire bypass using the mute(yellow with black strip) wire in #2 and grounded it and the light green wire grounded. Now the Nav systems works fine while moving, the DVD plays while moving great. But I have a AV input (archos) that used the AV Input function on the Z2 that is non-selectable now. Now I can't use it to play music through the Z2.

Any Ideas????

Great work everyone. I tried the bypass on a friend's Z2...all is good. I currently have a Z1 and I'm anxiously waiting to see a solution for the Z1. It has been mentioned that have a Z2 image on the Z1 would allow the Z2 bypass to work. My question is, how hard is it to get a Z2 image on a Z1.

Great work everyone. I tried the bypass on a friend's Z2...all is good. I currently have a Z1 and I'm anxiously waiting to see a solution for the Z1. It has been mentioned that have a Z2 image on the Z1 would allow the Z2 bypass to work. My question is, how hard is it to get a Z2 image on a Z1.

If you unlock both drives it should be pretty easy to copy the files from one to the other. I have some acronis backup images which, when I restore them seem to put my Z1 into some weird lockup reboot mode (software update failed messages). I think if you do it at the file level, it's ok, but I'm having trouble with the whole restore image.

But people have told me you can do it. I just haven't gotten to it yet.

Or you can pay pioneer the $250. OR wait till someone tells you how to crack their code for SN/install codes.

Bypass and all who helped are superb.

I had to go through 3 burns to get a good disk that would take but that's common with the disks I've been getting.

Thanks again to all who made it possible. Pioneer may have done part but they did it for marketing losses. You guys put it out there and spoon fed a lot of folks how to do it. That's admirable and impressive by any standards.