AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're confused or have been told misinformation. ALL Z2s are bypassable. The first Z2s were not bypassable but now are via software patch. Sometime in July, there was a software change at Pioneer and they were magically bypassable from the factory. If yours was made August, you just need to do the 2-wire method of bypass. Detailed instructions can be found in the Stickys at the top of the forum

I'm told the Z2's manufactured after July 07 do not except the bypass that worked on the earlier Z2s. Has anyone succesfuly bypassed a Z2 manufactured in August or later yet? I'm having mine installed in a F250 without a bypass and I'm not too happy about it, but taking the risk that the problem will eventually be solved (like within a few months if not already).

Hey guys! Thanks a Hyperite (and everyone else) for all the info..im having my Z2 installed today, i will have the 2 wire bypass done, but do i still need to flash the system with the .iso? One of the last posts said something about the aug07+ already having the patch from the factory...is this true? i just dont want to mess it up and have a $2.2k paper weight :/

DrU

Mine is still being installed as I type this, expect to pick it up in a couple hours, I'll post the results when I get it home, and in hopeful thinking, a huge Thank you to whtcrxghst for his post. Not sure my installer was planning on doing the bypass till I said a new post had said it should work - he'd heard it wouldn't on the newer Z2's.

Thanks to all on board, finally got my Z2 installed and (so far) is working fine with just the 2-wire bypass. Turns out the Z2 I ended up with was was manufactured in June 2007. Map and video functions work fine while moving, so far only complaint is the darn unit won't voice-recognize my city, which happens to be the capital of California... Maybe I need to figure a different way to pronounce it...

Yep. Make sure the wires are properly grounded, and that the wire you moved is seated all the way in the "magic" hole

ok, so i did the 2 wire bypass, everything works great, but when i start moving and im watching a movie, the screen cuts out... yet when i put in the "update" disk, it says that my unit is currently updated...whats going on?? are one of the wires not grounded well enough?

Thanks for the 411.

Can you update the first post with the "#1. apply ebrake" direction and "#2. burn as a disc image". So we don't have to read 33 pages of posts to figure that out?

I used a Mac to burn the disc image using SimplyBurns from Version Tracker and will update the Z2 tomorrow.

Stay tuned........