AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

Yes it matters when your unit was manufactured.

You'll AT LEAST need to do the 2-wire.

If it has freezing problems, you'll need the firmware update (which also contains the bypass if not already installed)

If the bypass software isn't installed (dependent on manufacture date), you'll need to load the ISO.

HTH.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm ordering my Z2 in a few days and want to make sure I understand this correctly. I should start by just doing the two-wire bypass and resetting the unit.

If that doesn't work, install the firmware update provided on the first page of this thread and that should get it working.

Is this correct?

Thanks in advance

Are there any known problems with the bypass? I had an installer tell me today that it will work fine for a while then it will fry the HDD or gyro? He told me that I should hold out for the Z3 (due out in Feb) and all of the problems will be worked out and the unit will also be less expensive.

Is there any truth to any of this?

Thanks

Tom

No, he is lying sack of chit. Take your car somewhere where they are honest

Are there any known problems with the bypass? I had an installer tell me today that it will work fine for a while then it will fry the HDD or gyro? He told me that I should hold out for the Z3 (due out in Feb) and all of the problems will be worked out and the unit will also be less expensive.

Is there any truth to any of this?

Thanks

Tom

so I have a AVIC-Z1 series (one of the last models made) bypassed with the two wire and parking break technique. If I upgrade my AVIC-Z1 to -Z2 status buy purchasing the upgrade discs through Pioneer, then this unlock hack will work in my car to bypass the unit? Is there any further step to do after this? Thanks in advance!

-David

If you already have the 2-wire bypass done, updating to the Z2 software won't require you to do anything. It will already be done

so I have a AVIC-Z1 series (one of the last models made) bypassed with the two wire and parking break technique. If I upgrade my AVIC-Z1 to -Z2 status buy purchasing the upgrade discs through Pioneer, then this unlock hack will work in my car to bypass the unit? Is there any further step to do after this? Thanks in advance!

-David

Ok, so I've got one for you guys. I had the Z2 installed by a professional shop. I showed him the post on my iphone and told him what to do. He said not to worry about it, it was already taken care of. The deck has worked perfectly for about 3 months giving me dvd's in motion. Then, all the sudden I started getting the ebrake wire is not connected properly message. The DVD will still play sometimes, but also shuts off after a minute or two.

Why would it work for months, then suddenly this error? Is this a bad 2 wire bypass job or is it in need of the software update?

Just a wire that came loose after months of vibration

Ok, so I've got one for you guys. I had the Z2 installed by a professional shop. I showed him the post on my iphone and told him what to do. He said not to worry about it, it was already taken care of. The deck has worked perfectly for about 3 months giving me dvd's in motion. Then, all the sudden I started getting the ebrake wire is not connected properly message. The DVD will still play sometimes, but also shuts off after a minute or two.

Why would it work for months, then suddenly this error? Is this a bad 2 wire bypass job or is it in need of the software update?