AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to AVIC Z3 w/2009 Maps

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reply garrettoomey. I'll just use my Z1 OEM drive for now.

I successfully updated from my Z1 to the Z3 with this thread. I used my Windows 7 Desktop and was pretty simple to upgrade.

The only issue I have sometimes is when I'm driving with my navigation it sometimes doesn't show me on the right street but autocorrects itself after driving for a little bit. Any ideas what would cause that?

sry if it says somewhere on here, i read the first 6 pages and stopped. i understand this somewhat, but i still have a few questions i was hoping someone could answer for me.

i have a z1 and i did the blutooth update so i could use the 2 wire ground bypass

is my unit capable of doing this update, and is there any other steps i need to do cause its older then the z2 and z3?

i also heard someone say you can update it to be like a z3, does that just mean this with the map updates?

also if i do this, can i remove the stupid nag warning messages that pop up?

thank you

• 2 weeks later...

hi, i did the $5 unlock so i lost all data

my partitions were gone, so i remade them, the program was putting the data all i n one partition, so i did it all myself and the z1 i have is not booting. what did i do wrong?

what do i have to do to the partitions to set them up? and how do i get the data in the right spots?

If you follow the directions and use the correct software (Acronis), you will not have to create the partitions. Acronis will create the 4 partitions, and restore the data in one restore function. You should not have to create any partitions manually.

im using the acronis, and it made one partion and put the partions into folders on,it when i tried to direct it, and when i had it go to original loctation it put it on my drvie c on my pc.

You are not using Acronis correctly to RESTORE the image. I use an older version, so maybe someone else with the current version can assist. You may also check the Acronis forums for help. In a nutshell: Select RESTORE from image, select the first file in the image set, select the Avic Z drive as the restore point (deleting any partitions), use defualt settings, go.