AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to AVIC Z3 w/2009 Maps

Ok Guys. need help. I started the upgrade. I am an IT guy but I think I am missing a step here.

I am here:

STEP 6 - Create a Backup of Your Current AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Hard Drive

Use Acronis True Image Home 2010 to create a backup image of your AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 hard drive. This step is optional but good practice incase you have problems later on.

After I disabled the security lock I rebooted and started acronis. Acronis didnt see the drive. i checked the MANAGE screen inder windows and it only sees the drive with a red X. I initilized it and created a partition BUT DIDNT FORMAT (I HOPETHIS IS CORRECT??? I AM CROSSIG MY FINGERS) and created a backup.

SO:

1. DID I DO THIS RIGHT?

2. ALSO, When I restore the image, I would like to keep my music files and settings, but I dont see how I can restore individual partitions. Am i suppoed to wipe the drive now and create them individually? If so what sizes etc. Didnt see that in the instructions.

I am using the stock Toshiba mk3029gace to upgrade.

REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All!

This message is directed towards garrettoomey:, but anyone whom bought the drives thru him before can also answer:

I got the 40GB/60GB drive directly thru him last time, for the 2008 maps + higher capacity then the OEM of Z3 (by the way, I have the Z3).

Reading this post is interesting, as I have now completed downloading the "torrent" of the *.TIB files for the 2009 image.

Now, I can't remember, if Garrett's drive I bought from him is already unlocked on a permanent basis.

I don't have any saved music or data of my own on the drive (since I use mostly MP3 / iPod for my music needs).

Can I simply use a usb adapter to connect the 2.5" Z3 HDD drive on Win7 64-bit, and load the TIB files to restore the partition thru TrueImage Home 2010 (windows version)?

Or do I still need to connect via a 2.5" to 3.5" IDE cable thru my Motherboard?

• 2 weeks later...

Call me stupid b/c I have the Z3_2009_virgin_torrent.zip file downloaded and winrar download but I'm stuck as to what I do with the Z3_2009_virgin_torrent.zip file. I thought I was suppose to extract it but its asking me for a program to open it with when it clearly has the .rar icon.

I have an upgrade problem.

I have a 40GB Toshiba HD that has worked for a year with the Z3 2008 files.

When I do a straight upgrade using the Z3 2009 image, everything is fine. When I write the image, and then expand the MSV partition to include the extra 10 gig of unallocated space, the unit will not work. It barely boots, and will only let me into the a/v screens.

Anyone know how to properly expand the MSV partition?

I was using EASEUS partition tool, I deleted both the user and msv partitions after saving the folders inside, re-made the partitions making the msv bigger, and copying the files back in.

Thanks.