AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to AVIC Z3 w/2009 Maps

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a direct link (FTP, Dropbox, etc.) to the file? I have been trying to download the torrent for 4 days. There were originally 3-4 seeders, but they have all dropped off.

Any help is appreciated. If someone has the file and is willing to upload it, I have an ftp site I can give you access to.

Thanks.

Thanks, I see the new seed (and it's fast too :D)

My pleasure. Garret and I both seeded this thing for months (as far as I know). There are actually 12 seeds in the swarm right now, I'm surprised that you weren't getting data from any of them...

Right now I'm only uploading to two people at a time so it's splitting the 200kB/s between those. If you think that's fast right now, I'm in the process of buying a house in a Verizon FiOS area, how does 25mb/s upload sound? :twisted:

Anyway, right now I have a 3mb upload speed, I'm not completely sure why my seedbox isn't saturating that so I will investigate and see if I can get the speed bumped a little for you. If it doesn't change in the next hour it should speed up tonight when the peak usage is down.

Thanks, I see the new seed (and it's fast too :D)

My pleasure. Garret and I both seeded this thing for months (as far as I know). There are actually 12 seeds in the swarm right now, I'm surprised that you weren't getting data from any of them...

Right now I'm only uploading to two people at a time so it's splitting the 200kB/s between those. If you think that's fast right now, I'm in the process of buying a house in a Verizon FiOS area, how does 25mb/s upload sound? :twisted:

Anyway, right now I have a 3mb upload speed, I'm not completely sure why my seedbox isn't saturating that so I will investigate and see if I can get the speed bumped a little for you. If it doesn't change in the next hour it should speed up tonight when the peak usage is down.

Thanks again, I am getting about 200k download now from 2 peers. I have 15mb/s down and 10 up. I will keep seeding for the foreseeable future even once I have the file.

Question: Is it possible to update the Z2/Z3 (Z2 upgraded with Z3 HDD) firmware to the latest version (3.100400) without any issues?

I was able to update the gracenote db on my unit without a problem, but since there's an update out there (even though I don't need it) I wanted to apply it...

Yes, I understand that I don't "NEED" it... I just want it! :mrgreen:

Is the drive unlocked? If so you should be able to write new maps and everything to it. I know Garret has described the process for keeping music and everything intact during this process as well.

I can't say you won't run into issues but if you've already updated the drive once, should be as easy as pie a second go-around.

Is the drive unlocked? If so you should be able to write new maps and everything to it. I know Garret has described the process for keeping music and everything intact during this process as well.

I can't say you won't run into issues but if you've already updated the drive once, should be as easy as pie a second go-around.

Yes, drive is unlocked. The reason I ask is because in the firmware upgrade instructions, http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox ... VIC-Z3.pdf , it specifically says not to use this update on Z1's or Z2's because "this firmware update could damage those models"

I'm wondering if a Z2 upgraded to Z3 would still be susceptible to this possible damage...? Or since I'm using a Z3 HDD image, is it ok to apply the Z3 only firmware upgrade?

If the drive is already upgraded to a Z3 drive, you have all the firmware updates as well. Don't try to apply firmware that isn't meant for the Z3 specifically.

When I look at my 'info' screen, it shows something like 3.100200 as the version, instead of the 3.100400.... But I was able to upgrade the gracenote db successfully...

Guess I'll leave it alone then....thanks for the responses!