AVIC411.com

Upgrading NEX4000 to NEX4100 - Work in Progress

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Also having trouble with the links. just get redirected to filedropper.com

If anyone is able to put the files for download again, that would be awesome. Just went through all the posts here and looking to try this out. I have the 4000nex but all file links appear to be broken

It works I can now browse the platform directory and make changes. Now the question is, am I crazy enough to try it on my deck. I am starting to do each prg file. You can see the progress here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hwswi29kyo7nq6o/AAB2Emua4zzeis-cpr-v8twOa?dl=0 

Note that this is for the 8100NEX even though it says 5100

If you could figure out what in the firmware controls what version of the carplay interface is displayed, I'd care about that more than anything else. There is something that changes the interface for the 4000 to be the same as that of the appradio 4 and the 8000

If you could figure out what in the firmware controls what version of the carplay interface is displayed, I'd care about that more than anything else. There is something that changes the interface for the 4000 to be the same as that of the appradio 4 and the 8000

I believe it is the airplay.conf file as it houses the Icon files. If you decompress the 4000 firmware I would bet that it houses some config.

Yea same. The first step is figuring out why the bluetooth behaves the way it does. Do we have confirmation it is the exact same bluetooth chip?

I upgraded the bluetooth software with the file from the 8100's firmware, and it works fine. Empirical, but seems to be the same chip.

I would think its the same chip. What about if you move the android auto apk over to the old file and install on unit? 

We would need the settings api as well. However I haven't figured out which one is the Android Auto APK.  I'm actually starting to look into it more and more. If we can start and get the bluetooth working, then we could create an Open Source alternative based on the original system and start adding more features. It looks like the base system is based on Android 4.4 and the Pioneer OSS says how to get a base system running.