AVIC411.com

Upgrading NEX4000 to NEX4100 - Work in Progress

Well, the firmware is already "open source" but it doesnt seem that anyone has made anything of it yet. My hope is that with enough firmware releases we can cobble together something that can help the older models.

So with that being said, for those who have upgraded to the latest bluetooth but stayed on 1.08 from the x000 series, can you tell any difference? Faster bluetooth connect, better quality sound? Any reason we would want to update our Bluetooth Stack even if we keep the 1.08 firmware?

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bluetooth works...I took out my appradio cables so I don't know if it connects better or is more responsive. Can't help you there. The sound quality is great, but I thought it was great before. No glitches, but I never saw any glitches before.... No clue. 

I kept the 1.03 BT firmware update after reverting back to 1.08 firmware. 

I have new hearing aids so I can't comment whether there's a difference in sound between the 1.08 BT and 1.03 BT firmware. 

I can say for sure that the 1.03 BT firmware allows my phone (Note 4) to connect quicker from a cold start.  With the 1.08 BT firmware the BT icon would flash 15-18 times before connection.  With the 1.03 BT the BT icon flashes only 3-5 times before connection. 

BT range is worse, much worse!  With 1.08 BT firmware I was able to walk to my mailbox and master bath on the other side of my house without issue.   With the 1.03 BT firmware I can only go a short distance before the signal loss creates skips.  By short distance,  I mean 15' max. 

Track info when streaming is still whacked.  

I kept the 1.03 BT firmware update after reverting back to 1.08 firmware. 

I have new hearing aids so I can't comment whether there's a difference in sound between the 1.08 BT and 1.03 BT firmware. 

I can say for sure that the 1.03 BT firmware allows my phone (Note 4) to connect quicker from a cold start.  With the 1.08 BT firmware the BT icon would flash 15-18 times before connection.  With the 1.03 BT the BT icon flashes only 3-5 times before connection. 

BT range is worse, much worse!  With 1.08 BT firmware I was able to walk to my mailbox and master bath on the other side of my house without issue.   With the 1.03 BT firmware I can only go a short distance before the signal loss creates skips.  By short distance,  I mean 15' max. 

Track info when streaming is still whacked.  

Honestly as long as the bluetooth works everywhere in my car I don't care. Probably why I never noticed the drop in range. 

I know each car has a different dash material that can reduce BT distance, but I get no where near 15'.

None of my BT enabled Pioneer units have ever gone further than 3-5 feet outside of the car. As soon as I open the door and step outside it starts to weaken, by the time I close the door I get audio stutter. If I am working on my car in the garage I either leave my phone in the car to stream audio or I place it on the front windshield above the NEX.

So I am seeing that bluetooth does not play at all phone or media, as well as some saying it works. Do we have a definitive? Loving the progress!

I don't think anybody said it works on 1.03. BT will correctly transfer and display information (contacts, song information, etc), but will not stream any audio (no calls, no music). Going back to 1.08 restores BT to all working.

I don't think anybody said it works on 1.03. BT will correctly transfer and display information (contacts, song information, etc), but will not stream any audio (no calls, no music). Going back to 1.08 restores BT to all working.

I must have misread the thread. Im not concerned with the BT connection time or length as I only use it in the car. Has anyone gotten the 4100nex software to work and play audio/android auto on the 4000? I'll go back and read if there isnt a quick answer.

I just want android auto :(

I must have misread the thread. Im not concerned with the BT connection time or length as I only use it in the car. Has anyone gotten the 4100nex software to work and play audio/android auto on the 4000? I'll go back and read if there isnt a quick answer.

I just want android auto :(

In short, it all works except for audio, which is really one of the more important parts in a car stereo  :mrgreen:

well I sold my 8000nex and bought a 4100nex from amazon for 559.99 it will be here tomorrow, I like google maps better so I wanted use the android Auto feature will report back  :mrgreen:

Jeremyh if you dont mind me asking how much were you able to get for the 8000nex? cuz im thinking about selling mine as well