AVIC411.com

Upgrading NEX4000 to NEX4100 - Work in Progress

... This will give us the ability to install other android apps, launchers, etc that will go even more into fixing the Android Auto issue and even maybe giving us the ability to write code for Wireless Carplay using an adapter etc..

Support for a wifi adapter hooked up to one of the USB ports, and the ability to install Play Store. A guy can dream, right?

I get just enough of what you're doing to understand what's going on, and the problems you're facing. It's way over my head though, but intensely fun to follow this thread.

Keep it up, you guys are amazing! So happy you are working on this!

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have gone in and seen the menu, but the wording on it makes me think it is to image from a usb to the internal sd. Which would make sense from a dev perspective.

Any chance you have seen how to increment the menu progress bar?  I would assume there is a linux device somewhere which would allow for the progress/UI in copy_script to be updated. 

Any chance you have seen how to increment the menu progress bar?  I would assume there is a linux device somewhere which would allow for the progress/UI in copy_script to be updated. 

No i have not. @whatisbypass you have the firmware for this section mostly decompiled, have you seen anything?

So not sure if this will work, but i wonder if we may be able to access adb over bluetooth  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11129817/adb-over-bluetooth-android

and the logs I dumped from @AdamOutlers original info script mentions: 

<6>[    1.017995] Bluetooth: BNEP (Ethernet Emulation) ver 1.3
<6>[    1.018003] Bluetooth: BNEP filters: protocol multicast
<6>[    1.018012] Bluetooth: HIDP (Human Interface Emulation) ver 1.2

Not sure if that is standard, but adb over bluetooth would make sense from a development perspective.

So not sure if this will work, but i wonder if we may be able to access adb over bluetooth http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11129817/adb-over-bluetooth-android

and the logs I dumped from @AdamOutlers original info script mentions:

<6>[    1.017995] Bluetooth: BNEP (Ethernet Emulation) ver 1.3<6>[    1.018003] Bluetooth: BNEP filters: protocol multicast<6>[    1.018012] Bluetooth: HIDP (Human Interface Emulation) ver 1.2
Not sure if that is standard, but adb over bluetooth would make sense from a development perspective.
That would be helpful, but it will come later.

For now I'm still working on getting a backup... running into backup 2 producing a 0-length file. Got file 1, but It seems to be running extremely slowly.

#!/system/bin/sh 
#dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/mnt/udisk/backup.1 count=5859375 bs=512;
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/mnt/udisk/backup.2 skip=5859375 count=5859375 bs=512;
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/mnt/udisk/backup.3 skip=11718750 count=5859375 bs=512;
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/mnt/udisk/backup.4 skip=17578125 count=5859375 bs=512;
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/mnt/udisk/backup.5 skip=23437500 count=5859375 bs=512;
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/mnt/udisk/backup.6 skip=29296875 count=5859375 bs=512; 
 #This doesn't work.  the deck times out after an hour or so, or aproximately 4.5 gigs of data transfer.   Maybe it's my USB drive is slow, but I copied 9-gigs once to a different drive. #dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/mnt/udisk/fullsd.img bs=512;

So interesting note, on at least getting Bluetooth to work. I just had the opportunity to swap the sd cards of a 4000 and a 4100. It behaved just like if we did a cross-upgrade. One thing to note is that the bootloader version did not change. This leads us to know 2 things, the bootloader is not on the SD Card (Which may have been known, but not to me), and that the boot loader seems to be the only item that doesn't get updated or swapped, indicating it may be the item preventing Bluetooth Audio in the system.

Other interesting note is that paired bluetooth devices persisted across the swap, as well as selected illumination and boot up screens. This should help us understand what is stored on the SD versus on the device itself.

I also am having trouble getting the device to DD, but I have a 4000 now on my desk for the foreseeable future plugged into a power supply so I can easily try and get a dd of that going as well as OTG USB.