AVIC411.com

Upgrading NEX4000 to NEX4100 - Work in Progress

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also another note, I am wondering if Bluetooth Audio is not working in the cross update due to the Bootloader file not being in the update. As the x100 are on 1.0000 boot loader and the x000 are on .02000. Not sure at what point the boot loader helps with android as it seems to be different than the boot image.

Something else that is interesting to note is that for the bluetooth audio cross-upgrade issue, I was able to use some of the new test mode features to get bluetooth audio to work in the test mode, bluetooth line test area by changing the Audio Codec to Digital, however these changes do not persist after exit and a reboot.

Copy script must be on USB1 connection (/mnt/udisk), there is hardcoded paths inside libTestModeProxy.so:

case 37:
      system("cp -rf /mnt/udisk/Copy_Script.sh /data/");
      if ( chmod("/data/Copy_Script.sh", 0x1FFu) == -1 )
      {
        _R6 = -1;
      }
      else
      {
        _R0 = system("sh /data/Copy_Script.sh");
        if ( _R0 == -1 )
        {
          _R6 = -1;
        }
        else
        {
          if ( _R0 & 0x7F )
          {
            _R6 = -1;
          }
          else
          {
            __asm { UBFX            R6, R0, #8, #8 }
            OutputDebugLogFunc(0x80000000u, "Copy Script return Value : %d (%d)", _R6, _R0);
          }
        }
        system("sync");
      }
      system("rm -rf /data/Copy_Script.sh");
      android__Parcel__writeInt32(v5, _R6);
      result = 0;

This library copies script into /data directory, changes rights (chmod) and executes this script, then removes it.

Also, TST_ProgramFunction::GetMediaVersion() checks existence of Copy_Script.sh and (SDCardDataVersion.txt or SDCardCWWVersion.txt). If I understand disassembly, SDCardDataVersion.txt must contain at least 2 bytes (up to 8 or 9 or 10, try all lengths), first byte is skipped during read, second byte (and all other bytes) must be greater then 126 (0x7E). This bytes later going into display (DATA [--------] under USB in your screenshot) and into system settings for unknown purposes. Also it seemed to me that some of these testmode functions can write right data of this file to card.

Just tried 10 bytes after the first 1. Still a no go.

Good news. Scripts is working.

@AdamOutler script isn't working, but this can be my mistake, I forgot to convert line endings to unix variant (0x0A). I'll try later.

place semicolons at the end of each line and remove the shebang(#!) line at the beginning. Rely upon the executor itself. This will make it run as a one-liner.

3-part AVIC-8100 image inbound to https://builds.casual-dev.com/index.php?dir=random%2FAVIC%2F8100%2F

Max filesize is 4GB per file on FAT32, so I split it into 3GB chunks and I didn't know the entire size, so we have a 9-gig image uploading now.  The files should concatenate together, but they may contain an extra 512bytes at the beginning of .2 and .3.  I'm also uploading the script used to pull it. 

3-part AVIC-8100 image inbound to https://builds.casual-dev.com/index.php?dir=random%2FAVIC%2F8100%2F

Max filesize is 4GB per file on FAT32, so I split it into 3GB chunks and I didn't know the entire size, so we have a 9-gig image uploading now.  The files should concatenate together, but they may contain an extra 512bytes at the beginning of .2 and .3.  I'm also uploading the script used to pull it. 

Oh dang cool! Is this from your bricked unit or an anonymous source?  I will wait then for the script to image my 8000 and my 4100, I also have access to a 4000 but not till the weekend.

Oh dang cool! Is this from your bricked unit or an anonymous source? I will wait then for the script to image my 8000 and my 4100, I also have access to a 4000 but not till the weekend.

This is from my car.

You can reverse the IFs and OFs and change seek to skip to flash to your deck. I'm going to combine it all tomorrow.