AVIC411.com

iOS 8.3 released

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I've started enjoying the feature that allows me to use CarPlay without unlocking the phone every time, I've run into an issue with 8.3 and third party CarPlay apps.

If I try to bring up Spotify or Overcast, I just get a blank screen. Same with Podcasts. Music/Maps work. Now Playing will actually hang the UI until the watchdog kills the CarPlay process and it restarts. 

Anyone else seen this behavior?

I personally wasn't able to notice the album art differences anyone was talking about because I had my contrast and brightness cranked around so much so that I could at least catch a glimpse of it on most albums.  I will change it back and followup to add more of my 2¢ as I find more.

• I set the brightness/contrast levels back to their center points and I cannot see any of the album art 

I couldn't see album art in Car Play before 8.3, and still can't see it with 8.3.  If I turn up contrast & brightness enough to see the album art, even a little bit, the icons/buttons on the main CarPlay screen become totally washed out.  Maybe someday they'll get it sorted out...

I haven't had those problems. Try resetting your phone if you haven't. I have had lock ups in the past but been pretty smooth since 8.3.

Yeah, a reboot cleared it up. Which is weird, since the CarPlay process was getting killed/restarted multiple times on its own. I wonder what state could have been hiding that got cleared on reboot.