AVIC411.com

Freesing on startup..."GOOD NEWS from Pioneer"

VA user, so far so good. Granted, it has been cool, very cool since the DAY the update was released, but I would get either a lock up or music skipping 95 percent of the time. Now it plays like day one. So far so good, glad I didn't have to rip it out the dash and send it to pioneer (guess I would have done the bypass if I had to go through all that trouble). Don't know how many G35 users are on the forum, but when our unit is installed it looks stock..But getting that joker out is a pain in the azz.

Good fix for now pioneer........................

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Installed the update on my Z2 5 days ago and it's working great so far, I had been getting lock ups about 75% of the time.

It has been a bit cooler lately here in VA, but still warm enough to cause the lockups, it even locked up when I went to update it and had to wait for evening to complete the update.

I have a Black and Pink Dodge Charger.

Im just about fed up with my z2. I just had it installed about a month ago and I got the usual freeze ups when it would be hot out like everyone else. The past few weeks, however, it has been getting progressively worse including a couple freeze ups at night. I just got back from a four hour commute in which i actually needed to use the navigation, and as you would expect, it froze for the entire ride (no music...it was working fine until i stopped at a rest stop 30 min into the trip and wouldn't go past the "Starting Pioneer Navigation...."

I finally get the email about the firmware update and i burn it to the cd as to their instructions only to go down to my car and find that it still refuses to start up. Its been sitting in my garage for over 5 hours and all it does now is go to the Pioneer "rights reserved etc etc page.

I've tried running the cd anyway, but nothing happens. Does anyone know of anything else I can do or should i just cut my loses and take a baseball bat to it?

Sounds like you may have burned it wrong. Try calling Pioneer and having them send you a disk, or using a different burning program

Im just about fed up with my z2. I just had it installed about a month ago and I got the usual freeze ups when it would be hot out like everyone else. The past few weeks, however, it has been getting progressively worse including a couple freeze ups at night. I just got back from a four hour commute in which i actually needed to use the navigation, and as you would expect, it froze for the entire ride (no music...it was working fine until i stopped at a rest stop 30 min into the trip and wouldn't go past the "Starting Pioneer Navigation...."

I finally get the email about the firmware update and i burn it to the cd as to their instructions only to go down to my car and find that it still refuses to start up. Its been sitting in my garage for over 5 hours and all it does now is go to the Pioneer "rights reserved etc etc page.

I've tried running the cd anyway, but nothing happens. Does anyone know of anything else I can do or should i just cut my loses and take a baseball bat to it?

So your saying it should work even though the unit wont actually turn on?

I burned two different discs.

The first one, i added the files into roxio cd classic and just hit burn

The second one, i opened the folder for the D: drive, dragged the files in and selected write these files to disk.

mine would not boot and i ran the update and it took first run.

try burning at lower speeds, some people have said they needed to reboot the unit to get it to update properly.

before i ran my update while the unit was froze i did pull the HD and get it real cold first

OK now im officially freaked out.

I just made a bootable disk (i selected the basefile.dat as the bootable image) with roxio and ran it in my z2 that won't boot up. It reset like it was supposed to and then proceeded to say program update started. It then said "Program Update failed. Restarting" and now it just loops through that even after i take the disc out. I can't do anything on it and it restarts before it can even read another disc.

Someone please help!

guys i had the same problem. it went into the loop and seemed like it wasnt going to end. i left it in my driveway and came back to it about an hour later and started the system up and it started looping again but it eventually cleared. i guess just be patient.

Got back from 4 days on the road last night. My car a Porsche 1989 951 with Z2 (Late model 944T) was in the airport lot and had been for the duration of my trip. After starting up and plugging in the Ipod I drove off the lot and started out on the 2 hour drive home. I hit the voice command button and waited for bitchin betty...I thought she didn't hear me so I kept saying "destination" then I noticed the screen wasn't moving. I stopped the car and shut it off and restarted....Boot screen & music...4 more times and a soft reset...Still no luck...Oh well, restarted the car resigned to a dull drive, when it came back to life. This is the first issue I've ever had with the unit. I saw where someone mentioned night time and humidity in there post. This was the first time this car has had an extended stay outside, and was the first time the unit had been booted at night. Interestingly last night was a very warm and muggy night. At 10 pm it was 79 degrees with fog beginning to form. Has anyone correlated high humidity/night time with higher boot failures/freezing? I've driven the car all summer long in very high heat with NO problems whatsover. Oh, and yes I'm calling Pioneer right now for one of THEIR patch disks.