AVIC411.com

Ipod classic updates???

Seriously, what if my glove box only had .01 inches of clearance left and I wanted got the old ipod instead. That would've been a disaster!!! Plus, if I put it in my pocket, it would totally stick out a bunch more

and that is the reason why I said "not quite" instead of "wrong" :)

Actually, a decrease of 0.02 for a thickness of 0.43 is significant (4.6%)

If it is 100 then 0.02 is insignificant.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found an option in itunes which seemed to help. Under the music setting when you click on ipod is the option to turn off album art. I tested the d3 with it last night and no track freezing. Will report back in a few days what happens. :)

It seems it only freeze up when you click video tab, podcast tab or something like that. Make sure you test that out.

hope so. mine just started acting up for the first time since the firmware update was released. i have the feeling there must be some setting that was reset with the update that i recently changed back. i would say changing to video and back to music is a good test, because i can pretty much freeze/unfreeze every time by switching to and from video mode

I can't imagine it would be any different than all the folks who forgot to turn on the tv out on the video ipod. The audio from the vids played, and the image would display on the ipod itself. Trying to play videos on the classic is pretty useless, but I wouldn't think it should do any harm.

What I did notice was that the intermittent problem with the song tags updating would happen every single time I touched the video button. It was also a quick way to repair a locked up tag, as I generally keep the glove compartment locked so unplugging and reconnecting the ipod isn't practical. When someone says that they can do that without track info locking up, I take that as a good sign. However, I won't believe it until it works more than a couple days without incident.

Alas it finally locked up on one track. My friend was busy pressing buttons so I dont know exactly what he did but when I looked at the track info it had froozen. By the time the next track came though it fixed itself. On a different topic, when I have the ipod classic hooked to headphones and turn the sound all the way to off I still can hear sound. Is this normal? I figured turning the sound all the way down would, *GASP*, actually turn the sound off. Maybe its an Apple thing...

doh, and i was just starting to think that the cover art was the problem. i swear i am going to get into an accident just staring at the track info just to see if it moves. it definately freezes less. i wonder if it doesnt have something to do witht the fact that the ipod gets reset when updating the firmware or disabling cover art. even new out of the box, it was fine for a few days. i remember when mac people would swear by apple because of all the bugs in windows.

i hadnt noticed the volume issue. if i had headphones with me, i'd try it right now. i'll let ya know what i get. some devices i have had don't mute when the vol goes all the way down. it does have a pause button after all, so this can just be a manufacturer's decision, and not a bug

Got the old 30G today. It works (video and tracking information update correctly). However, I got a few gliches/questions.

1. Sometimes everything is frozen and I see Error-11???

2. When playing video, I cannot switch back to music. I touch the screen and see the music button, click on it and nothing played, got Error-11. Do I have to use iPod to switch back to music?

3. Is there anyway to select to play all songs from D3? I see only Playlist, albums, artist, genres and none of these give me option to play all. The new ones (8G and 80G I returned) do have the option "All" to play all.

4. Is there any way to play a list of movies? I have a lot of short music videos and it a pain in the butt to click here and there for one video to play.

3. Is there anyway to select to play all songs from D3? I see only Playlist, albums, artist, genres and none of these give me option to play all. The new ones (8G and 80G I returned) do have the option "All" to play all.

In the main screen you'll find a "shuffle all" button just below the simulated scroll wheel. I assume you want to shuffle all your songs, not play them all in order, right?