AVIC411.com

Ipod classic updates???

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well guys i am reseaching this product avic-d3 and i found this great site but reading all these problems makes me think twice about buying it.can someone tell me if this radio is worth buying :roll: thank for the help :)

what? you talking about the new iPod problems?

if so, they are NOT Pioneer's fault. it's Apple's fault :roll:

don't put the blame on the wrong product

THANK YOU.... Like I said I am new to the pioneer scene. What I was doing wrong was hitting the video button but when it asked me to connect the video accessory I was not disconnecting and then reconnecting the adapter. It works fine now and now I now I have the task of converting all my sons dvd's to my ipod 160 so I do not have to remove the nav disc or buy an external dvd player. I MIGHT LIKE PIONEER AFTER ALL.

:shock: soo does your new ipod work with avic-d3?if so thats great!please let me know how it works out in the long run,thanks :wink:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=AF6E6F38&fnode=standard/home/shop_ipod/ipod_accessories/cables_docks&nplm=MB129LL/A#overview

Run this into the A/V input. It won't charge the ipod, and you won't be able to control the ipod from the D3

So is there anyway at all i can get my 6th gen ipod to play videon on my d3? any cables or anything at all?

is the av input the one in the front of the unit?

• 3 weeks later...

so i got a 5thgen 80video ipod yesterday i put a song on it and go plug it in the car it dont work cant find any songs so i unplug it and i smell somthing so i look and there burn marks on the ipod WTF is up with that? im returning it for a new old one today. is it really that easy to fry these things out?

btw i hate ipods and apple and this didnt help at all only got it for the car so i dont have to keep wastein money on cd's

ps do you think the cd i200 whatever cable is wracked too? and how should i plug the ipod in dont want to fry the next one, although it was used not sure if i did it or not.

Normal. You have to start playing the movie from the ipod. You can then control the pause/play, FF, REW, etc from the D3. If you have a playlist of videos, you can go through them from the screen too after starting one

Hi, I have a gen 5 or 5.5 30gb iPod video, the version I know is past 1.0.2

when I hit the video tab on the d3, the screen tells me I need to use the ipod, I have the video out turned on. I wanted to know if this is normal or can you control the videos from the d3 without using the iPod.

I totally blame Pioneer for my problems with the AVIC-D3. I had mine professionally installed at Circuit City 1-2 weeks ago. No mention that ipod generation >5.5 do not work with video, including iphones. bluetooth is horrible, have to reconnect it with my iphone EVERYTIME I get in and out of the car, totally useless. The gps is innacurrate. What gets me is that they advertise this unit as an interface for your ipod, which doesn't work with almost all the ipods out there! Then to watch videos you have to control it from the ipod sitting in your glove box? I think I may take mine back and just get a new 4 Runner with their factory unit installed. This thing is giving me a headache. Downgrade the software on my ipod 6th generation.. okay.. how? Now I have to spend all day doing that? Buy a 5th generation ipod? Okay.. why? Why didn't they mention that before I bought it. False advertising is the key words in this nothing but a headache piece of crap.

Mo

I think your complaints are a little misdirected

Ipod: Its Apples fault they changed the software used for every previous generation ipod without telling Pioneer or any other aftermarket company that they were going to do it. Its all about $ for Apple...If they can make everyone buy a $50 cable that costs them $2 to make, thats a huge bump to their bottom line. You say it doesn't work with almost all the ipods out there, thats just you being ignorant. It works with EVERY ipod, Apple just decided to screw everyone who wanted to watch movies on something besides the baby ipod screen

Bluetooth: You need to read your manual and learn how to register your phone. Then the iphone will autoconnect each time you get in the car. You won't be able to send over your contacts though because Apple put a shitty bluetooth stack in the iphone without OPP, which is required to send phonebook entries.

Inaccurate nav: Thats what you get for having CC do it. They probably didn't bother to hook up the VSS wire.

I totally blame Pioneer for my problems with the AVIC-D3. I had mine professionally installed at Circuit City 1-2 weeks ago. No mention that ipod generation >5.5 do not work with video, including iphones. bluetooth is horrible, have to reconnect it with my iphone EVERYTIME I get in and out of the car, totally useless. The gps is innacurrate. What gets me is that they advertise this unit as an interface for your ipod, which doesn't work with almost all the ipods out there! Then to watch videos you have to control it from the ipod sitting in your glove box? I think I may take mine back and just get a new 4 Runner with their factory unit installed. This thing is giving me a headache. Downgrade the software on my ipod 6th generation.. okay.. how? Now I have to spend all day doing that? Buy a 5th generation ipod? Okay.. why? Why didn't they mention that before I bought it. False advertising is the key words in this nothing but a headache piece of crap.

Mo