AVIC411.com

Ipod classic updates???

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought my D3 last week and will be installing this weekend. Thanks for the heads up because I nearly bought a new Ipod to go with it. I really wanted the new Classic, but thanks to you guys I bought the refurb black 80gb from Apple and it should be here in a few days.

Thanks again for the heads up, I am learning a lot and haven't even taken it out of the box yet.

Got the old 30G today. It works (video and tracking information update correctly). However, I got a few gliches/questions.

3. Is there anyway to select to play all songs from D3? I see only Playlist, albums, artist, genres and none of these give me option to play all. The new ones (8G and 80G I returned) do have the option "All" to play all.

ARTIST, ALL, ALL. Plays all songs!!!

I noticed that there's a button that says shuffle all... anytime you hit that button, it'll play all songs on your ipod in shuffle mode.

Is there any way to scroll through artists / song titles faster? takes forever to keep on pressing the arrow down or up. Holding it down is even slower. I think they should implement a software update so that you can search alphabetically. Like a separate menu with all the letters on the screen so when you hit "C", it'll list all Artists or whatever starting with C.

Now that Apple has unlocked the video feature on the Ipod Classic I am still unable to watch videos through my AVIC-D3 when I hit the video buttons. Is it safe to assume that my cable does not has video capabilities and I need to buy Video cable with yell, white, and red? Probably a dumb question but this is my first pioneer tv unit, I WAS A KENWOOD MAN.

So you are able to go into the ipod menu and turn "TV Out" to ON, then you connect it to the CDI200, press VIDEO on the screen, use the controls on the Ipod to start playing a movie, and you get nothing onscreen?

Now that Apple has unlocked the video feature on the Ipod Classic I am still unable to watch videos through my AVIC-D3 when I hit the video buttons. Is it safe to assume that my cable does not has video capabilities and I need to buy Video cable with yell, white, and red? Probably a dumb question but this is my first pioneer tv unit, I WAS A KENWOOD MAN.

THANK YOU.... Like I said I am new to the pioneer scene. What I was doing wrong was hitting the video button but when it asked me to connect the video accessory I was not disconnecting and then reconnecting the adapter. It works fine now and now I now I have the task of converting all my sons dvd's to my ipod 160 so I do not have to remove the nav disc or buy an external dvd player. I MIGHT LIKE PIONEER AFTER ALL.