AVIC411.com

Ipod classic updates???

any ipod with a dock connector will work as an audio device. for video you need an ipod video (5th gen or 5.5 gen)

Not exactly true. Sure, the new ipods will work with the D3, but the track info display doesn't update when it goes to the next song. Doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but after a day or so of that, you're gonna be hating it. A LOT.

Basically, until somebody works out some kind of fix for all those issues, you're better off getting one og the 5th gen ipods.

And KNIGHT20: Mine was $200 because it's brand new in the box with all the included... stuff. I don't trust buying used electronics from strangers sight unseen. Hell, the only reason I bought the new ipod off ebay was because every store in a 25 mile radius was out of them and the cheapest I could find on in online stores was like $300.

Basically I just want to use an Ipod Nano, for music only. So will the 2nd generation one work with the D3?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any ipod with a dock connector will work as an audio device. for video you need an ipod video (5th gen or 5.5 gen)

Not exactly true. Sure, the new ipods will work with the D3, but the track info display doesn't update when it goes to the next song. Doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but after a day or so of that, you're gonna be hating it. A LOT.

Basically, until somebody works out some kind of fix for all those issues, you're better off getting one og the 5th gen ipods.

And KNIGHT20: Mine was $200 because it's brand new in the box with all the included... stuff. I don't trust buying used electronics from strangers sight unseen. Hell, the only reason I bought the new ipod off ebay was because every store in a 25 mile radius was out of them and the cheapest I could find on in online stores was like $300.

Basically I just want to use an Ipod Nano, for music only. So will the 2nd generation one work with the D3?

ANY of the older versions will work fine.

It's the new ones that just came out that have the problems.

i just tried a classic with the new firmware, and the song info seems ok. can't say with 100% certainty, but i drove for an hour and a half with no problems. with the old firmware, it wasn't as bad for me as everyone was saying, prolly freezing once every 20-30 minutes, but it was still b.s.

so the updated iPod Classic now shows the track titles properly? changing the title as the songs change?

i bet the video output still doesn't work? :roll:

No, I got a new 80G classic on friday, did the update to 1.0.1 or whatever it is, and the tracks still do not update correctly on my D3.

I gave mine a lot of use in the last 24 hours, and have not had one issue with the track info since I updated the firmware on the classic. Video is still a no go, and likely will never work with current hardware. To be fair, mine never was as bad as some people on here describe. Yes, it did freeze occasionally, but not every time the song changed. It's always a pain to diagnose an intermittent problem, but the firmware seems to work for me.

Called pioneer this morning to get information about the issue with the classics not updating the track information. The support rep as soon as I mentioned the classic's told me their are working on a solution for the track info not updating and hope to have something out within a week. So they seem to know about it and are working on it. I will call pioneer in a week and see what they have to say :)

Drove my car for 2 hours today running errands and the track always updated. Brand new ipod classic 80 gig black with the 1.0.1 firmware update. Guess its fixed now :) I am going to get the new universal dock with video out and just hook it to the rca's on the d3 and use the ipod jack right into the universal dock so I can have ipod and video.

If the usb controller had a better interface and didnt cap out at like 500 folders, I would have replaced the apple already. Portable usb drives are much cheaper and I don't use an ipod for anthing other than music storage. Until then, or perhaps if pioneer releases a chaper dvd changer that reads mp3 and aac's, I don't know of a better alternative.