AVIC411.com

Ipod classic updates???

Okay, I was wrong about all ipods.. yes they work, but music only. The video only works with generation 5? Pioneer should be working with apple on this and keeping the customers updated. This is one of their "big" features.. and it only works with certain ipods? I will look over the directions, thanks for the tip, I tried everything.. i still don't think it will work right.

Lastly, I didn't mean that the gps itself is inaccurate, I mean that the discs are already outdated. It keeps telling me to turn down roads that are one way, that are not even there. It's weird. Also, I can't even get night time mode to work.. but perhaps you are right, perhaps it is all CC installation.

I don't think all my problems, however, is worth the money and time I have spent on this.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pioneer must work with apple because their new 2008 video decks have the chip built in to allow ipods to output video. The problem with the 2007 decks is that apple surprised the whole consumer electronics industry with this "video authentication chip" bullshit. If Apple had warned Pioneer, alpine, all home audio companies, etc a year ahead of time, there wouldn't have been a problem, but Apple didn't because they are Apple.

Think about it this way, if you wanted to watch the movies on your ipod on your home TV, you would still have to buy the $50 cable. Is it your TVs manufacturers fault? FUCK NO...I mean you can go out and buy any DVD, blu-ray, HD-DVD player, VCR, Betamax machine, etc. and plug it into your tv with a very cheap set of cables and it works great.

Or is it Apples fault for making everyone need a $50 cable on top of the $300+ you already spent on the ipod just so you don't have to watch it on the 2 inch ipod screen?

PS: Take your car back to CC and tell them you want the illumination wire hooked up properly and the nightmode will work

PS2: I have sold probably a dozen D3s to people with iphones. The autoconnect works perfectly

You guys are totally right about the iphone autoconnect. My fault. I will also probably get a 5g ipod through apple refurbished to watch videos. I also need to take back the car to CC and tell them to connect that wire mentioned.

Can you guys tell me another thing. since they installed the bluetooth device, bypass doesn't work anymore. What should I tell them to get it to work again? They said they need "hours" to figure it out.

Thanks

Music works perfectly.

Video will not unless you happen to be at firmware 1.0.2. That was many updates ago though

Please guys answer my questions: Do the ipod Classic work with the N4 at all? music? video? both?....i think i am becoming crazing trying to find the anser :shock::shock::shock:

Thank Apple for that. You will need to buy a $50 cable from them if you want to watch video

Everyone is talking about the new 80 gb's and the 160 gb's. I have the new itouch. It works fine with the music in my n4, but when i touch video on it, the n4 indicates that im pressing it, but absolutely nothing happens.

Alright! This is really starting to p me off. I purchased a brand new 160GB Ipod and it doesn't work with the D3. The screen on the D3 says to see the Ipod for operation. I began searching on here to see what the problem was. I read that I need a 5th generation Ipod and everything will work fine. So I purchase a 5th generation refurbished Ipod from Apple. Same crap. The screen says see the IPOD for full operation. What happened to my on screen controls on the D3? I can get video to play from the IPOD but I have to do it from the IPOD. I also can get the IPOD to play music but again...I have to do it from the IPOD. Why can't I get the D3 screen to show the song playing and controls? I have tried rolling back the firmware on the 5th gen IPOD but it won't let me. Can someone please help me with this? I am beginning to pull my hair out here. I have searched and searched and have found no answers. When I orginally put the D3 in my truck, I had a 5 year old IPOD that worked flawlessly. I couldn't play video but the music worked great. That IPOD finally died so I purchased the new 160GB IPOD and now all I have had is problems. Why can't this sh$% just work like it is supposed to?

Thank Apple for that. You will need to buy a $50 cable from them if you want to watch video

Everyone is talking about the new 80 gb's and the 160 gb's. I have the new itouch. It works fine with the music in my n4, but when i touch video on it, the n4 indicates that im pressing it, but absolutely nothing happens.

what cable? and where do I hook it up?

Okay. I'm a dumbass! I didn't know that if you touch the screen, there is an option for Music. I was stuck on the video screen. :oops::oops::oops: All is good now. Everything works perfect!

Alright! This is really starting to p me off. I purchased a brand new 160GB Ipod and it doesn't work with the D3. The screen on the D3 says to see the Ipod for operation. I began searching on here to see what the problem was. I read that I need a 5th generation Ipod and everything will work fine. So I purchase a 5th generation refurbished Ipod from Apple. Same crap. The screen says see the IPOD for full operation. What happened to my on screen controls on the D3? I can get video to play from the IPOD but I have to do it from the IPOD. I also can get the IPOD to play music but again...I have to do it from the IPOD. Why can't I get the D3 screen to show the song playing and controls? I have tried rolling back the firmware on the 5th gen IPOD but it won't let me. Can someone please help me with this? I am beginning to pull my hair out here. I have searched and searched and have found no answers. When I orginally put the D3 in my truck, I had a 5 year old IPOD that worked flawlessly. I couldn't play video but the music worked great. That IPOD finally died so I purchased the new 160GB IPOD and now all I have had is problems. Why can't this sh$% just work like it is supposed to?