AVIC411.com

Z2 frezzing up firmware is HERE

hey wow.....that's awesome....so I guess I will be the one that asks....

you reckon it'll kill my bypass? if so....how easy is it to go back without unlocking your drive....as I haven't had a freeze yet...

now if I could get Apple to release an update for my Iphone....I'd be one happy camper......

[edit]nevermind...after reading the instructions....says not to do so if the unit isn't freezing....I'm off the hook....I'll download and burn it to have handy it just in case :wink:

I just took a quick 5 mile spin after completing the update and my bypass still worked.

awesome news...man....thanks for the feedback.....

now...the REAL question is...does it in fact solve the overheating/freezeing issues....

I truly am heartfelt that it does, as I'm just overwhelmed with this HU.....I played with the Eclipse display units in the stores....and man....I truly wasn't as impressed as I was with the Z2....and while I'm blowing up the Z2....I might as well point out that, I just think it's awesome that not only does Pioneer hold their ground...but they are doing something...(maybe not as quick as some would have liked) but man....Z1 to Z2 upgrades...and resolving this issue....it really makes me feel really good about my investment.....it also is opening doors in car audio...at least for me....usually when I buy something new and techy....it's outdated by the time it touches my hands.....yet....this unit has hopes...and can be upgraded....and probably more to come....of course I would like it to be free....but they have to have something rewarding to do all this work for....

OK...I'm done....LOL

here it is...

To address this potential service issue, Pioneer is offering a free firmware update. If you would like to receive the free update, you may do so in one of the three ways listed below. Before obtaining the firmware update, you need to know whether you have an AVIC-Z1 or AVIC-Z2.

1. Download the free update to your computer from http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/avicz1update/ and burn the update onto a computer disc for insertion into your AVIC-Z1 or AVIC-Z2; OR

2. Order the computer disc containing the free update by calling Pioneer Customer Service toll free at 800-421-1404; OR

3. Call Pioneer Customer Service toll free at 800-421-1404 to arrange for your AVIC-Z1 or AVIC-Z2 to be mailed to Pioneer for Pioneer to install the free update.

I downloaded the software from Pioneer's website and followed the instructions to the letter. At the completion of the update my system restarted and said upgrade failed. Now it is in a continuous restarting and shutting down mode with the end result a complete failure. I am curious to know if anyone else has had this problem and does anyone know of a solution to this problem? pressing the reset button does not appear to accomplish anything.

HELP PLEASE.I dont need an expensie ($2000.00) paper weight

P.S.

my system was bypassed prior to this upgrade and also I have a Z2.

same thing here... Guess I'll be calling Pioneer tomorrow...

UPDATE:

Went back to the car and inserted a DVD and after a series of reboots it actually finished the install... Everything looks fine now... I'm thinking it is having trouble finding a file that was loaded during the update...

I downloaded the software from Pioneer's website and followed the instructions to the letter. At the completion of the update my system restarted and said upgrade failed. Now it is in a continuous restarting and shutting down mode with the end result a complete failure. I am curious to know if anyone else has had this problem and does anyone know of a solution to this problem? pressing the reset button does not appear to accomplish anything.

HELP PLEASE.I dont need an expensie ($2000.00) paper weight

P.S.

my system was bypassed prior to this upgrade and also I have a Z2.

Well I left the car alone for a while and tried it the next day and now it seems to have worked. . It seemed to have fixed itself some how.

Now the firmware info says

AVIC-Z2:

PlatformVersion: 2.000500

HDD Application Version: 2.140000

which is what it is suppose to say after the update.

I dont know what happened but my unit works fine now also.

My Z2 is also still bypassed.