Backups and Images

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, ts1312 said:

So after spending some time extracting the password from my AVH-Z9200DAB I thought I might as well share it here: gJ6NK7hSQWKs5Age

Password should be the same for other models of that period, like the AVH-W4500NEX.

Any chance you might share a copy of the image you got I have been trying to find one for about a year now?

On 12/2/2023 at 6:56 PM, ts1312 said:

Hi, I'm trying to create a backup of an AVH-Z9200DAB SD card. I already have a working setup for unlocking the SD card, but I don't have the password. Does anybody know the correct password for this unit?

@ts1312  Hello, would you mind sharing the working set up you used to extract the SD card  image from your radio. It will be gratefully appreciated! Thank you

On 12/19/2023 at 8:42 AM, SpacePickle said:

I ordered a SD card for the avh-z9250bt. Once I’ll get it I’ll try to dump the image and upload here. 

@SpacePickle That would be great, but I've heard that they are already locked, so you will need a setup for unlocking the SD card first (see below). People can also mail me SD cards for unlocking (I already did that for @mickem60). Have you ordered one from Pioneer or from some eBay seller?

On 12/20/2023 at 9:37 AM, anythingAVIC said:

@ts1312  Hello, would you mind sharing the working set up you used to extract the SD card  image from your radio. It will be gratefully appreciated! Thank you

I'm using a Raspberry Pi Pico microcontroller that I attached an SD card adapter/slot to. I'm planning to soon publish the code I wrote for sending raw commands to SD cards from the microcontroller, but I could also provide you with a work in progress version. Parts would cost 15-20€, but ideally, you would have at least some electronics experience.

25 minutes ago, ts1312 said:

@SpacePickle That would be great, but I've heard that they are already locked, so you will need a setup for unlocking the SD card first (see below). People can also mail me SD cards for unlocking (I already did that for @mickem60). Have you ordered one from Pioneer or from some eBay seller?

I'm using a Raspberry Pi Pico microcontroller that I attached an SD card adapter/slot to. I'm planning to soon publish the code I wrote for sending raw commands to SD cards from the microcontroller, but I could also provide you with a work in progress version. Parts would cost 15-20€, but ideally, you would have at least some electronics experience.

I have a lot of electronics experience. I also happen to have Raspberry Pi 4 so getting the other parts you mentioned should not be a problem. You can provide me with the instructions you have. Obviously your help will solve a lot of headaches for those who have locked SD cards that can't be backed up.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, I have bought a avh x8600bt 2016, its been a great bit of kit, about 3 years ago started playing up, but in the mean time I have sold the car this was on and haven't used it since. Now I would like to put this on another vehicle and its stuck in boot loop. Is there any chance for someone to share with me the SD image for my model please? 

Thanks in advance!