Backups and Images

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 12/2/2023 at 6:56 PM, ts1312 said:

Hi, I'm trying to create a backup of an AVH-Z9200DAB SD card. I already have a working setup for unlocking the SD card, but I don't have the password. Does anybody know the correct password for this unit?

@ts1312  Hello, would you mind sharing the working set up you used to extract the SD card  image from your radio. It will be gratefully appreciated! Thank you

On 12/19/2023 at 8:42 AM, SpacePickle said:

I ordered a SD card for the avh-z9250bt. Once I’ll get it I’ll try to dump the image and upload here. 

@SpacePickle That would be great, but I've heard that they are already locked, so you will need a setup for unlocking the SD card first (see below). People can also mail me SD cards for unlocking (I already did that for @mickem60). Have you ordered one from Pioneer or from some eBay seller?

On 12/20/2023 at 9:37 AM, anythingAVIC said:

@ts1312  Hello, would you mind sharing the working set up you used to extract the SD card  image from your radio. It will be gratefully appreciated! Thank you

I'm using a Raspberry Pi Pico microcontroller that I attached an SD card adapter/slot to. I'm planning to soon publish the code I wrote for sending raw commands to SD cards from the microcontroller, but I could also provide you with a work in progress version. Parts would cost 15-20€, but ideally, you would have at least some electronics experience.

25 minutes ago, ts1312 said:

@SpacePickle That would be great, but I've heard that they are already locked, so you will need a setup for unlocking the SD card first (see below). People can also mail me SD cards for unlocking (I already did that for @mickem60). Have you ordered one from Pioneer or from some eBay seller?

I'm using a Raspberry Pi Pico microcontroller that I attached an SD card adapter/slot to. I'm planning to soon publish the code I wrote for sending raw commands to SD cards from the microcontroller, but I could also provide you with a work in progress version. Parts would cost 15-20€, but ideally, you would have at least some electronics experience.

I have a lot of electronics experience. I also happen to have Raspberry Pi 4 so getting the other parts you mentioned should not be a problem. You can provide me with the instructions you have. Obviously your help will solve a lot of headaches for those who have locked SD cards that can't be backed up.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, I have bought a avh x8600bt 2016, its been a great bit of kit, about 3 years ago started playing up, but in the mean time I have sold the car this was on and haven't used it since. Now I would like to put this on another vehicle and its stuck in boot loop. Is there any chance for someone to share with me the SD image for my model please? 

Thanks in advance! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, I have an AVH-Z9150BT. After a recent restart, it showed a software error and would continue to reload. I also found a solution on the website. I just found the firmware version 1.02. Do I have to use an "image" file inject the NEW SD card? Any solution to this problem? If so, can anyone share it? I would be very apperate!

image.thumb.png.a6ad227b90bff20fec06cf661598115f.png

Can anyone point me to an AVH-4000NEX image? This is so frustrating. I fixed this before and thought I saved the image in a safe place and can no longer find it. All the links are down. I found one the other day that said it was for the 4000nex. I flashed the SD card and the unit booted! I tested bluetooth and the radio and then tried CarPlay and I had no sound! Everything else worked fine... I figured maybe I just needed to update the firmware (as iOS has been updated several times since 1.05 firmware). It would not take the update even though I put it on the USB drive correctly etc. I did some poking around in the unit and it said it was a 4100nex. The firmware I used wasn't 4000nex. I proceeded to get the update for 4100nex and it installed just fine. I was so happy I thought I solved it! I booted the unit and it wanted a password now. I looked it up and figured out how to bypass that but still had no sound... I rebooted the unit and it wants a password every time. I figured ok that was the wrong firmware so I went to try another one that claimed it was 4000nex. However this time my SD card was dead when I put it in the computer. Reading the forums I guess the cards get "locked" to the headunit or something and are practically useless after. I even put it back in the headunit and it wouldn't boot again, just the software error.  So before I keep throwing SD cards at this thing can someone direct me to the true AVH-4000NEX image please? Thanks in advance.

On 2/15/2024 at 10:27 PM, gmarvel83 said:

Can anyone point me to an AVH-4000NEX image? This is so frustrating. I fixed this before and thought I saved the image in a safe place and can no longer find it. All the links are down. I found one the other day that said it was for the 4000nex. I flashed the SD card and the unit booted! I tested bluetooth and the radio and then tried CarPlay and I had no sound! Everything else worked fine... I figured maybe I just needed to update the firmware (as iOS has been updated several times since 1.05 firmware). It would not take the update even though I put it on the USB drive correctly etc. I did some poking around in the unit and it said it was a 4100nex. The firmware I used wasn't 4000nex. I proceeded to get the update for 4100nex and it installed just fine. I was so happy I thought I solved it! I booted the unit and it wanted a password now. I looked it up and figured out how to bypass that but still had no sound... I rebooted the unit and it wants a password every time. I figured ok that was the wrong firmware so I went to try another one that claimed it was 4000nex. However this time my SD card was dead when I put it in the computer. Reading the forums I guess the cards get "locked" to the headunit or something and are practically useless after. I even put it back in the headunit and it wouldn't boot again, just the software error.  So before I keep throwing SD cards at this thing can someone direct me to the true AVH-4000NEX image please? Thanks in advance.

Check your messages for the 4000 image. I think you can use the service menu to change mode and unlock the SD card so you can use again. I have a GOLDENEGG mode change key, but the 4000 I believe doesn't use the newer GOLDENEGG but the A and N testmodekeys even with the latest firmware. I don't know which A or N variant would change the mode unlocking the SD. Some of the MUCH smarter people on here may chime in. I have an N key that I have labeled "NorFlash_MODECHANGE" that may be the one. It's a shame wasting SD card especially when the smaller 4 and 8 GB quality cards are scarce now. I know some 16 and 32GB will work, but still... Attached is all the testmodekeys I have. 

TestModeKeys.rar