Jump to content
AVIC411.com

Backups and Images


Recommended Posts

On 7/23/2020 at 1:42 PM, brazen1445 said:

This is an image of the internal sd card of a AVH-W4400NEX. You will need to dissemble the unit to access the card. It is android based receiver so will have a android partition layout.  If you try to copy it to a fat32 formatted card it will fail.

To write the image to a sd card:

1. download zip and extract the img somewhere

I extracted the image to /tmp/AVIC.img

2. find the device name of your sd card 


sudo fdisk -l

Take note of how the SD card is identified.
In my case it is /dev/mmcblk0
3. Write the image to the sd card


dd if=/tmp/AVIC.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1048576

4. insert the card into the receiver and your done

Followed these exact instructions 4 times and I can't get it to work. Are we sure this image is still valid?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 12:42 PM, brazen1445 said:

This is an image of the internal sd card of a AVH-W4400NEX. You will need to dissemble the unit to access the card. It is android based receiver so will have a android partition layout.  If you try to copy it to a fat32 formatted card it will fail.

To write the image to a sd card:

1. download zip and extract the img somewhere

I extracted the image to /tmp/AVIC.img

2. find the device name of your sd card 


sudo fdisk -l

Take note of how the SD card is identified.
In my case it is /dev/mmcblk0
3. Write the image to the sd card


dd if=/tmp/AVIC.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1048576

4. insert the card into the receiver and your done

I attempted this on a windows computer using WIN32 disk imager and head unit boots but there is no response from the touch screen. Any recommendations?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that the file posted for the AVH-W4400NEX works. I reformatted a SD card and made a simple file formatted to ext4. Then I used win32 to write the image to the card, plugged it in my machine and it booted up first time. Thanks for posting this. Saved me from having to buy from Pioneer or ebay. They really need to put better SD cards in their devices as this seems to be a common problem. I have another unit in a different car so I made another card to have on hand for when it goes bad. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

 

I just purchased a brand new w4500NEX and love it.  After reading some of these posts and the dreadful internal SD image failing, I'm a little concerned.  I don't want an expensive fix in the future so can someone direct me as to make  a backup image of my internal SD?  I could open up the unit and pull the SD and use my laptop to image it, but if I can using a testmode and use a USB or using the external SD slot that would save me about three hours!!!  Step by step instructions anywhere??  I can also load my image so I can help anyone who has a bricked 4500 as well.  Karma. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/27/2019 at 7:41 AM, segretodiaria1 said:

does any one have the image for avh-w4400nex needed mine got stuck in a loop on loading screen, thanks

Did you ever get the image. I'm now in the same situation

 

On 6/27/2019 at 7:41 AM, segretodiaria1 said:

does any one have the image for avh-w4400nex needed mine got stuck in a loop on loading screen, thanks

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2020 at 7:21 AM, GettinOld said:

Hi there,

 

I just purchased a brand new w4500NEX and love it.  After reading some of these posts and the dreadful internal SD image failing, I'm a little concerned.  I don't want an expensive fix in the future so can someone direct me as to make  a backup image of my internal SD?  I could open up the unit and pull the SD and use my laptop to image it, but if I can using a testmode and use a USB or using the external SD slot that would save me about three hours!!!  Step by step instructions anywhere??  I can also load my image so I can help anyone who has a bricked 4500 as well.  Karma. 

Hey @GettinOld - Anyone volunteer to help you rip your SD card? If not, I could walk you through it. 

(I wish I'd done it earlier... my Pioneer has finally gone down, and I'm searching for a 4500 image without much luck.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I can confirm the 4400 file in here works, got mine back up and running like a beast. 

Trying to help a friend with their 4200. I've searched and searched but cannot find a backup SD img file for the AVH-4200NEX model. Has anyone had luck with it? From what I'm finding no one has gotten a backup of the 4200. 

I now how to flash it to the SD card, I just need the file. Any help is appreciated. 
I'll even host it on my Google Drive if I can get it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Blah blah blah. I'm going to start with "damned you Pioneer" Anyways,  so, I found this because I have 2 of these damned radios. BUT ONE WORKS. This might be a boon. I got 2 of them in oct '19. I wanted one for my wrangler since it's a hard top/soft top/no top sometimes and I wanted the detachable faceplate. Anyways, I liked it so much, I bought a second for my grand cherokee. Yesterday It locked up. I popped the faceplate since I couldn't power it off and I was driving I couldn't cycle the ignition. And when I put it back on, It was boot looping, with a weird white screen or static/pixilated before it would start all over again. Anyways, today I pulled both radios, pulled the card from the good one and put it in the one that was first giving my fits, works fine. So there shouldn't be anything wrong with the hardware. So, at least for now, I have an sd card with the crap for the avh-w4500nex. I tried to make an image in win32 disk imager with a spare 8gb sd card I had. No bueno mi amigos. I did try to use the 4400nex image, but I also had no touch screen functions. Anyways, 1. How do i salvage my sd card. I can't format it. I tried in windows with a few different programs, I booted up into my very seldom used ubuntu desktop, tried gparted, again no bueno. I ran to bestbuy picked up a couple 16 gb sd cards and tried one, they didn't have any 8gb cards, so that is no good either. Anyone know how to back up the image right from the headunit so I can create a copy for my other unit and maybe get you guys that need an image? 2. HEALP!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got nowhere. downloaded norflash, extracted to usb  that was formatted in fat-32, blah blah. I couldn't get it to "reboot into Technical TestMode" I used a couple different usb drives, usb2, usb3, 8, 16, 32gb. formatted in both fat32 and ntfs. screwed around for over an hour, back and forth. now what?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...