AVIC411.com

Backups and Images

On 7/23/2020 at 1:42 PM, brazen1445 said:

This is an image of the internal sd card of a AVH-W4400NEX. You will need to dissemble the unit to access the card. It is android based receiver so will have a android partition layout.  If you try to copy it to a fat32 formatted card it will fail.

To write the image to a sd card:

1. download zip and extract the img somewhere

I extracted the image to /tmp/AVIC.img

2. find the device name of your sd card 

sudo fdisk -l

Take note of how the SD card is identified.
In my case it is /dev/mmcblk0
3. Write the image to the sd card

dd if=/tmp/AVIC.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1048576

4. insert the card into the receiver and your done

Followed these exact instructions 4 times and I can't get it to work. Are we sure this image is still valid?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 12:42 PM, brazen1445 said:

This is an image of the internal sd card of a AVH-W4400NEX. You will need to dissemble the unit to access the card. It is android based receiver so will have a android partition layout.  If you try to copy it to a fat32 formatted card it will fail.

To write the image to a sd card:

1. download zip and extract the img somewhere

I extracted the image to /tmp/AVIC.img

2. find the device name of your sd card 

sudo fdisk -l

Take note of how the SD card is identified.
In my case it is /dev/mmcblk0
3. Write the image to the sd card

dd if=/tmp/AVIC.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1048576

4. insert the card into the receiver and your done

I attempted this on a windows computer using WIN32 disk imager and head unit boots but there is no response from the touch screen. Any recommendations?

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that the file posted for the AVH-W4400NEX works. I reformatted a SD card and made a simple file formatted to ext4. Then I used win32 to write the image to the card, plugged it in my machine and it booted up first time. Thanks for posting this. Saved me from having to buy from Pioneer or ebay. They really need to put better SD cards in their devices as this seems to be a common problem. I have another unit in a different car so I made another card to have on hand for when it goes bad. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I just purchased a brand new w4500NEX and love it.  After reading some of these posts and the dreadful internal SD image failing, I'm a little concerned.  I don't want an expensive fix in the future so can someone direct me as to make  a backup image of my internal SD?  I could open up the unit and pull the SD and use my laptop to image it, but if I can using a testmode and use a USB or using the external SD slot that would save me about three hours!!!  Step by step instructions anywhere??  I can also load my image so I can help anyone who has a bricked 4500 as well.  Karma.