Jump to content
AVIC411.com

New Release F20BT F30BT F40Bt F920BT F930BT F940Bt F840BT Etc 2019


Recommended Posts

Hello guys I have AVIC-F9310BT, will map updates work for this model? If so, how do I install these files and can I do these updates with usb?


Keypoints:
Also what is shortfuse hack and do i need it?
Should I change cardinfo and how do I do it?
What does TTS have to do with all of this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 12/9/2023 at 11:35 AM, benjolol said:

Hello guys I have AVIC-F9310BT, will map updates work for this model? If so, how do I install these files and can I do these updates with usb?


Keypoints:
Also what is shortfuse hack and do i need it?
Should I change cardinfo and how do I do it?
What does TTS have to do with all of this?

Shortfuse hack : http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/83535-map-update-hack-using-shortfuse-method-z110-z140x920-x940/&do=getNewComment

Cardinfo needs to be changed only if the model you have is different that what godzilla has posted.

I don't use TTS, so I can't help. TTS generally refers to Text To Speech, so it might be useful if you need a different language.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2023 at 4:32 AM, RonS said:

Shortfuse hack : http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/83535-map-update-hack-using-shortfuse-method-z110-z140x920-x940/&do=getNewComment

Cardinfo needs to be changed only if the model you have is different that what godzilla has posted.

I don't use TTS, so I can't help. TTS generally refers to Text To Speech, so it might be useful if you need a different language.

Hey so I tried to download shortfuse and do rest of stuff but this happened. 
Btw what do ya think does this avic have custom os or something, just asking
 

IMG_0549.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, benjolol said:

Hey so I tried to download shortfuse and do rest of stuff but this happened. 
Btw what do ya think does this avic have custom os or something, just asking
 

The script attempts to make backup copies of the two original RenewalIFlib.dll files onto the SD before overwriting them.  For some reason the copy command failed.  Maybe there was no more room on the SD or it was write-protected, or the file already existed on the SD (if you ran the script more than once).  Anyway the copy of the original files failed and the hacked versions didn't occur since the script crashed.

Regardless,  you can edit the script (named ScriptExec) on your PC and remove that 1st and 2nd COPY command. Then rerun it by reinserting it into the head unit.

No way I can tell if it is a custom OS - probably not

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2023 at 8:34 AM, RonS said:

The script attempts to make backup copies of the two original RenewalIFlib.dll files onto the SD before overwriting them.  For some reason the copy command failed.  Maybe there was no more room on the SD or it was write-protected, or the file already existed on the SD (if you ran the script more than once).  Anyway the copy of the original files failed and the hacked versions didn't occur since the script crashed.

Regardless,  you can edit the script (named ScriptExec) on your PC and remove that 1st and 2nd COPY command. Then rerun it by reinserting it into the head unit.

No way I can tell if it is a custom OS - probably not

Hey, so i just need to install 2019 maps, so what software can i use to edit script? And also I heard theres something you need to change in cardinfo, so if you can explain this i would be gratefull.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I use notepad on Windows. But any editor that edits and saves text files and doesn't insert formatting data (like Word). Also make sure you save the file name exactly the same without adding a ".txt" extension. 

You'll need to browse this thread for info on replacing cardinfo. Several people have written detailed instructions. I haven't messed with this stuff for 5 years.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2023 at 7:27 PM, RonS said:

I use notepad on Windows. But any editor that edits and saves text files and doesn't insert formatting data (like Word). Also make sure you save the file name exactly the same without adding a ".txt" extension. 

You'll need to browse this thread for info on replacing cardinfo. Several people have written detailed instructions. I haven't messed with this stuff for 5 years.

 

 

 

 

Yeah i believe that, but i think people have removed those threads, since I havent seen any tutorial on that

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you get Shortfuse installed?

If you've read through this thread you should have all the info you need. There's no guide - just posts from people saying what worked. Note that pages 6 - 8 have a lot of helpful info.

An F9310bt is basically the same as an F930bt and does not require a different Cardinfo file. Only early series like F910 or 920 need it to ne compatible with the version that Godzilla posted. 

That's about all I can tell you since I've never installed this update. But the process is the same as all the previous updates (2013, 2015, 2017). So you might find better guides in those threads.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2023 at 4:01 AM, RonS said:

Did you get Shortfuse installed?

If you've read through this thread you should have all the info you need. There's no guide - just posts from people saying what worked. Note that pages 6 - 8 have a lot of helpful info.

An F9310bt is basically the same as an F930bt and does not require a different Cardinfo file. Only early series like F910 or 920 need it to ne compatible with the version that Godzilla posted. 

That's about all I can tell you since I've never installed this update. But the process is the same as all the previous updates (2013, 2015, 2017). So you might find better guides in those threads.

I removed backup copy files but still get this error, what could be wrong

IMG_0879.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

There must be something wrong with your SD.  Ideas: What size? Format FAT32. What files are on it? Should be only the files from my unzipped file. The write protection tab should be turned off.

Maybe try a different SD. Don't use a large SD (1 - 8 GB work well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RonS said:

There must be something wrong with your SD.  Ideas: What size? Format FAT32. What files are on it? Should be only the files from my unzipped file. The write protection tab should be turned off.

Maybe try a different SD. Don't use a large SD (1 - 8 GB work well.

I did actually use 32 GB SD, maybe thats the reason, was also formated FAT32 and there was shortfuse script with map update

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, benjolol said:

I did actually use 32 GB SD, maybe thats the reason, was also formated FAT32 and there was shortfuse script with map update

No map update on this SD! Just the Shortfuse files. After it is successfully patched you can format the SD and use it for the map update (or use two SDcards). On the map update do not add or modify any  files except if you need to replace Cardinfo (which you should not need for your model).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RonS said:

No map update on this SD! Just the Shortfuse files. After it is successfully patched you can format the SD and use it for the map update (or use two SDcards). On the map update do not add or modify any  files except if you need to replace Cardinfo (which you should not need for your model).

 

Could that be a problem rather than size of SD card?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...