AVIC411.com

AVIC - Z3?? Anyone know of it? Rumors? Release Date?

Hello everyone. I'm Matt and I'm new here. I was directed here from an H2 board and must say, I love the site already!

I have a brand new Avic-Z2 in the box with the BT, Sirius, Camera, and iPod kits. I was excited to finally order it and did so right after Xmas.

Then I found this site and saw a post about the Z3. Does anyone have any info on this? Features? Release date?

If not the Z3, what's next?

I hate to go thru the install of the Z-2 to be pissed when the Z3 comes out in a month or so.

Thanks in advance!!!

PS - Anyone in the DC/MD/VA/PA/DE area ride? I'm always looking for people to ride with.

Thanks!!!

-Matt

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if its a replacement for the AVIC-Z2, since it looks like a non-mountable unit? But looks interesting. Google "AVIC-F500BT"

I dont thinkt the F500BT is a replacement for the AVIC-Z2;

It has a smaller screen (only 5,8" vs 7" on Z2) and it seems that is has no harddrive either. The HD or storagedevice is not mentioned anywhere in the pressrelease.

But it looks more like a competition/replacement of the S1 unit.

From the size they mentioned; 7" X 4" X .75"

I cant think it can take CD or DVD either. It seems that it only has SD-memory card for adding your own POI (or software, maybe?).

Here's a good link with pics and Pioneer's press release on the newer unit. It's set up to be separate of the factory/installed radio and not necessarily a replacement for the Z-2.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/06/ces- ... with-linc/

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/06/ces-2008-pioneer-takes-on-sync-with-linc/

Thanks to those that responded. Now I need to go get my Z-2 and all the goodies installed!!!

-Matt

The Z3 is just a software update, like the Z1->Z2. They said they will release more new nav models mid-year.

I did see the AVIC-F500BT, but it was just a dummy that didn't turn on. It looks like everyone elses portable at the show (panasonic, alpine, soundstream, etc.) Its a portable nav that also will integrate to factory systems and has bluetooth, voice control for ipod and bluetooth, MSN direct, blah blah blah. Looked cool but probably a while out if they don't have working ones yet.

Its not a removable face nav, its a portable nav...No CD, DVD, tuner, XM, Sirius, etc. Its meant to either be a portable nav or integrate with other stereos

it has a removable face which even with a 5.8 inch screen I will gladly take rather than suffer the loss of my stereo being stolen
I am looking at the new book right now , they carried everything of teh z2 over the the z3 The only difference is the enhanced 3d graphics and such

There are a few new lower priced dvd players/ single din/souble din that look nice

and the media center that doubles as a portable unit

Can you post some scanned images of the book?

I'm assuming Z2 owners have to buy the upgrade DVD again to upgrade to Z3. :roll: