AVIC411.com

AVIC - Z3?? Anyone know of it? Rumors? Release Date?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks... the dealer at a local install shop stated the following

1. it has built in bluetooth

2. it has upgraded 80Gb harddrive

3. It has improved voice recognition

hey don't kill the messenger, that's why I came here to get the facts... I know I'm a noob, but I've been browsing for quite some time now, and have owned and installed numerous Pioneer nav units over the years, anyway, thanks for the response

thanks... the dealer at a local install shop stated the following

1. it has built in bluetooth

2. it has upgraded 80Gb harddrive

3. It has improved voice recognition

Well, as for #1, I still wouldn't be surprised if the installer was mistaken. Even the Z1 has built in bluetooth SUPPORT, just just need an add on module.

#2. I wouldn't doubt that. I mean, it's probably cheaper to make 80's now than it is 30's since the manufacturing tools/plants for 30gb would be out of date.

#3 I believe that too. So did the Z2 over the Z1. Truth is though, no matter how much they improve the list of recognizable terms, it'll never work good enough for me until I can just say, "Computer... Tea... Earl Gray ... hot." etc, without having to first hit a voice button and wait 3 of 4 seconds for a beep.

I'd suspect that there will be some internal changes AND some software changes. First the processor/processors will probably run at a higher clock rate AND the mainboard/memory will most likely run at lower voltages. The software I suspect will be written to take advantage of faster hardware, hopefully bus speeds will be faster so input devices will operate at a reasonable speed. When I first hooked my Ipod to my Z1 I was really disappointed to say the least.

Do you guys think prices for new Z2s on eBay will see a decrease now that they are being outdated? If so, do you think it would be smarter to just buy a Z2 for around $900 and just get a Z3 update disc? Is the Z3 that much more cutting edge?

The Z3s don't seem to be much better. I would wait until it's on the offcial pioneer site though. I was JUST going to buy a Z2 for $1,200 from a authorized retailer, but now they have the Z3 on ebay for 150$ more. So, I am going to wait for the Z3 and see how much better they are.

I have been following the string about the new Z3 and related update to the Z2 (which I own) which brings the Z2 up to Z3 capabilities. Where is this updgrade available from? I have looked on the Pioneer site and can only find the Gracenote and High Temperature Lockup updates. :roll:

Doesn't exist yet ( the software update for the Z2)... :?