AVIC411.com

AVIC - Z3?? Anyone know of it? Rumors? Release Date?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so whats new on it? all the specs are the same that i see are the same

Maybe they just changed the name to keep it in line with the European models, which are named HD1BT and HD3BT ( equivalent to the current Z1 and Z2, appart from the radio part.....) :?

take it easy..... i just think thats hardly believable, that would just be an map update which you can buy on a dvd and i doubt they would release a new product with simply that. There are brands adding new features and integrating bluetooth such as kenwood and i dont think pioneer wants to "passed in the race" and there has been alot of complaints about the ipod connectivity so i doubt they would fix that or make it integrated like the d3

you know Pioneer is not this huge company with a ton of overhead.. they really dont care for feed back.... so seeing that no changes to the Z3 does not surprise me.. I have had my Z1 upgraded now tro Z2 for about 2 years and if they had made some good changes I would buy it. But for now I will wait for the update to go from Z2 to Z3...

For about the fifth time in this thread...Newer map data and POI

so whats new on it? all the specs are the same that i see are the same

I think we'd prefer to hear that from someone who actually owns one!! :wink:

Someone saying the same thing 5 times just to run up his post total doesn't have any significant impact on this discussion. :?

Now that they're out, let's just hear from those that actually own one on this subject. :)

^ Exactly. Unless you own one, all you're doing is speculating at best.

What I'm sure everyone wants to know is what has specifically changed over from the Z2. Even if its a menu interface change, or a faster processor, or anything at all!

Bottom line, why buy a Z3 over a Z2 if we can just as easily update a Z2 to make it a Z3?

I was the proud owner of a Z2 for approx two weeks before someone trashed the passenger door and dash of my F250 (over $6k in damage) so after dealing with a skeptical insurance company I now have a $200 radio in it... Have been hoping either the Z2 would drop to well under $1000 or the Z3 would include a security feature (like a removable faceplate or motorized screen cover).

I'd love to get the Z2/Z3 again since I still have the accessory modules installed (XM/Navtraffic, mic, aux inputs, gps) as they only stole the head unit - but I can't see buying the darn thing again only to get ripped off again, I have a highly noticeable truck, can't avoid thieves walking by to peek in my windows. I could try tinting them more but ideally I need a way to either remove the screen or camouflage it.

Ironically, my truck is a Harley Davidson edition F250, and was parked outside a restaurant where about 60 Harleys were parked for a club meeting, and supposedly the restaurant watches over our bikes yet they didn't notice my alarm going off or broken glass all over the place. They have new car alarms that snap a picture of the perp, but what good will that do if they are in and out in seconds? I need a mechanical pit bull or something I guess, or a radio that doesn't look like an expensive radio...

Any ideas?

post-12435-12872754149931_thumb.jpg