AVIC411.com

AVIC - Z3?? Anyone know of it? Rumors? Release Date?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated maps and POI

what kind of software feature had they upgraded?? Tell me at least they made so that it display more character of the song name!

That's what they said about the Z1 to Z2, but there was a bit more to it than that. I'm really hoping there's a few tweaks this time around too.

Where did you get it from?

I ordered one through my supplier before Christmas and he literally recieved only 2 of them on his first shipment and considering i built his warehouse for him, he was nice enough to let me get the 1st one. :)

Unfortunately i still havent heard when the Sirus part is being shipped as I would like that installed with everything else at the same time.

What else would it be called? The Z1->Z2 was just a software update so they changed the number. Same thing here

Why call it Z3 then ???

Nope, update from Z1 to Z2 also changed quite a number of things in the system software, hence the change of name.

If it's just a map update, no need to call it differently. Mapupdates are a standard thing on all navigational systems, sometimes 2 or 3 times a year. You don't change the name of the system just because you update the maps... :?:roll:

Quite a number of things in the system software? Except for the splash screen, they were all navigation related. The bottom line is, no hardware change, no model number change. Pioneer has always been like that (ex. D1->D2)

Nope, update from Z1 to Z2 also changed quite a number of things in the system software, hence the change of name.

If it's just a map update, no need to call it differently. Mapupdates are a standard thing on all navigational systems, sometimes 2 or 3 times a year. You don't change the name of the system just because you update the maps... :?:roll: