AVIC411.com

Avic Z2 TO Z3 Upgrade

Ok so I got more info, I was told that the HDD has 4 partitions and in order for the updates of the Z3 to work on the new HDD, a hybrid of Z1, Z2 had to be made. Unless someone has a Z3 HDD and clones it, this is what you get. Don't know if thats the only way to do it, but all the Z3 functions are available. The Version is 03.0000 but the other numbers are due to hybrid making. I don't have a clue when it comes to programing this stuff.

Sounds sketchy...we want a virgin Z3 image, not some mishmash of someone on ebay editing a text file to change the version number.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I got the new drive today and it went in great. Only question are these numbers.

Plateform 2.000400

GPS 1.20000

HDD Application 2.130000

Are these numbers right for a Z3?

The maps are updated from what I saw playing around with it. The splash screen says rel. 2/2008

What going on with this? It's working fine, but is it what I paid for?

Which seller did you buy it from ?

Rebel, you get a hard drive yet? I have a handful of older ide laptop drives, at least 1 is 40 gb, most of my systems use SATA now. Anyways, I got no issue sending it to you, and then letting you return it to one of the admin's here to extract (I'm all Mac, and that means SATA and inability to boot acronis except in a virt, which I dont think is gonna cut it). Let me know.

I dont even care if I get the drive back...

-Septic

Rebel, you get a hard drive yet? I have a handful of older ide laptop drives, at least 1 is 40 gb, most of my systems use SATA now. Anyways, I got no issue sending it to you, and then letting you return it to one of the admin's here to extract (I'm all Mac, and that means SATA and inability to boot acronis except in a virt, which I dont think is gonna cut it). Let me know.

-Septic

I sent him a brand new Toshiba to drop the image on to. Once I get that back and tested, I don't mind donating my stock drive for the cause...but I haven't heard back from him yet on the first one :?

-Septic

I sent him a brand new Toshiba to drop the image on to. Once I get that back and tested, I don't mind donating my stock drive for the cause...but I haven't heard back from him yet on the first one :?

I hope that's not a bad sign. I've tried reaching him a few times now with no response.

Maybe he's just overwhelmed.. I hope.

-Septic

I hope that's not a bad sign. I've tried reaching him a few times now with no response.

Maybe he's just overwhelmed.. I hope.

Maybe I'm just being a little impatient... :| He is probably overwhelmed, or just has other stuff to do...

rebel contacted me last nite as i ewas going to send him my HDD as well and mentioned that there have been quite a few peole that have sent their drives and he has cloned them successfully but is not sure that the people he did the drives for are willing to share. I myself will wait until monday and if no one posts i will send my drive in and upload the image if u guys give me a place to upload.

rebel ..... cloned them successfully but is not sure that the people he did the drives for are willing to share......

As I remember, Rebel offered to clone drives because he was not set up to extract the image and wanted to contribute by providing a drive to someone who can do that. :D

Surely those that got the clone are willing to do their part???

And if not then I would hope that the Rebel will let us know who they are. 8)

OOPS, INCORRECT LOGIN!!

NO NAMES, NO SURPRISES

Cryptic, yeah... an inside joke, yeah

C'mon Pioneer... give us an good FTP address to get a Z3 download from

Umm.... not really a joke. What in hell made you think I wanted to host ANYTHING other than a Z3 image... :x

And Pioneer is going to sell the upgrade discs, not give an image to be downloaded and loaded onto an unlocked drive :roll: