AVIC411.com

I have to agree about the DVD part. Even with it bypassed, I never watch movies on my 5120 nor with the D3. My biggest thing about these new ones is the voice control for the iPod (I am forever trying to scroll through my 20,000 songs) and the bluetooth control as well. The MSN Direct has me sold on the 900BT though.

So you are paying $250 for MSN Direct then. Seems to be steep since you have to pay a monthly fee too.

I won't be paying MSRP for this. I expect to pay at the most about $1000 or less. Also, there is a one time fee for MSN Direct at $130. For gas prices and traffic guidance, the extra money is not that big of a deal. Hell, I'm already paying a ton of money for a nav system, I might as well go all the way with it. I plan on keeping this one until I get rid of the car.

All the units will come with 30 MSN direct for free. Also there is some indication that these units will not support DIVX on release. Seems pioneer decided at the last minute to remove that feature because on codec licensing issue. It appears they will support .avi and quicktime as an alternative.

On the MSN Direct website they state that the service is free for 1 year. I'm curious as to how much is the service is after that.

-B

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an Alpine drop-down LCD screen in the ceiling of my F250 crew cab that is fed by a cheap, crappy DVD player (not Alpine) mounted under the rear bench seat. The DVD player freezes all the time which has made me start looking for alternatives. I really like the AVIC series and was thinking of getting the Z2 until I saw the new F series. My question is this. Can I send video/audio to my drop down screen while displaying the NAV on the F90BT at the same time. In other words can I do things with the F90BT while the video continues to play un-interrupted?

I have an Alpine drop-down LCD screen in the ceiling of my F250 crew cab that is fed by a cheap, crappy DVD player (not Alpine) mounted under the rear bench seat. The DVD player freezes all the time which has made me start looking for alternatives. I really like the AVIC series and was thinking of getting the Z2 until I saw the new F series. My question is this. Can I send video/audio to my drop down screen while displaying the NAV on the F90BT at the same time. In other words can I do things with the F90BT while the video continues to play un-interrupted?

no. This was answered in an earlier post.

So what I'm trying to understand about dual-zone is whether that just pertains to multiple audio sources or whether it means that I can't send DVD video to an alternate screen and have the NAV up on the head unit at the same time. I don't care if the audio is a single source, say from the DVD, what's important is that video can play to an alternate screen while the head unit has the capability of displaying something else even if there is no audio. Like was stated before in other posts, if you have an SUV or truck and kids in the back then you would know exactly why this is important. I can't believe that Pioneer would introduce a new model and then take a feature like this away.

Question:

The new ipod cable interface, does the audio/video strictly come out of the a/v portion of the cord and the usb portion has the interface(track, list, time, etc) data?

i was just wondering if it is limited to the composite video resolution coming from the cord.

thanks