AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z3 Hard Drive Image **OFFICIAL**

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be posting on Alt.binaries.cd.image in a few days.

can you let me know when you do please? either via PM or here. Thanks!

Also Thanks to the 1 person who is seeding the image on torrents, im getting ~600b DL, which is better than nothing. lol

it will only take 170 days to finish at this pace! haha

The posts note that after the download has completed, there should be one .tib file. Should I be concerned that the download included 10 sequentially named .tib files? The upgrade completed successfully, but now I get no audio from DVD playback, scratchy audio from CDs, & no audio from Voice Command, Volume beeps, or GPS. iPod playback is fine, as is FM. To answer the obvious questions, all my settings are in check, and I'm a certified tech with hardware & software experience with this much more difficult tasks than this. Any and all input is greatly appreciated. :oops:

The posts note that after the download has completed, there should be one .tib file. Should I be concerned that the download included 10 sequentially named .tib files? The upgrade completed successfully, but now I get no audio from DVD playback, scratchy audio from CDs, & no audio from Voice Command, Volume beeps, or GPS. iPod playback is fine, as is FM. To answer the obvious questions, all my settings are in check, and I'm a certified tech with hardware & software experience with this much more difficult tasks than this. Any and all input is greatly appreciated. :oops:

There will be one .tib file (or one .tib file set). Where did you download it?

Since you have made it clear that you are a certified tech and that it could not possibly be a settings issue, then I won't suggest that you check the Auto Ant option in System Settings, and verify that it is set to "Power" instead of "Radio". I would also not suggest that if changing it to "Power" fixes the audio issues, then change the amp remote power wire from the BLUE wire to the BLUE/WHITE wire on the back of the Z.

I certainly did not state myself as a tech in any suggestion of superiority, my mistake if it came across like that. I was just clearing the air that I am clear on the the ASD, hardware handling, software/hack side of things (I'm an Apple tech, and no I don't work at the f'in Genius Bar :mrgreen: ). I did try the Ant setting, to no avail. However, I did not try switching the remote amp wire. Is this a common side effect of the upgrade? I believe it was a .tib set; the files had a numerical system numbering 1-10. TrueImage recognized and reloaded with no problems, I was just double checking because I have not seen anyone else mention that they had a .tib set, just the one file. Thank you so much for the prompt feedback, this forum rules.

I was just being sarcastically silly. I really did not mean to offend :) Those that know me, know that I am a good guy...

During the update process alot of settings get changed back to default. The BLUE power ant wire will only provide power when the FM radio is selected. If the amps are connected to the power ant wire (like in alot of standard installations), the amp will only turn on when FM is selected. No sound would pass through the amps in XM, DVD, NAV, etc. This is a common issue. Changing the setting from RADIO to POWER would let you know if this was the case. The BLUE/WHITE wire is alway provides power to the amps when the headunit is powered up. Make sense?

Ok, I have a Z2 and want to upgrade. Unfortunately there is no FTP anymore and not one person seeding this file. At the rate I am going I will never get this file loaded. So, if someone will seed or load to an FTP I would be in your debt. You could also put it on a jumpdrive and send it to me. I would provide the Drive. 16GB drive is not that expensive anymore. I have 2 16gb SDHC and Micro SDHC for a camera and cell phone in my desk rite now.

Also, once I have the complete file I will set it up on my server permanently to seed at a 0 setting (Unlimited Upload) My server is on a T2, so this will be very fast. In addition to that I will upload the files to a FTP site. I do not know which site yet but I am taking suggestions, I am thinking Rapid Share. So.....Thoughts

Doug

UPDATE:

I should have the files in a day. I found a guy in town that works at a car stereo place. He has the image and is loading it to my 32gb jump drive tonight. If you want the image you can email me. jdsnowden@ncgs.com

Thats awesome man! let me know if your going to seed it, upload to newsgroups or host it on rapidshare or somewhere

im in the same boat as you, no where to get the file, i was also thinking of sending someone a 16gb stick, haha

let me know if youd still like me to email you for the image