AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z3 Hard Drive Image **OFFICIAL**

Worst case though, I could pay $5 and wipe the drive again, correct? Are you saying that I can't unlock the drive with the laptop?

honestly i thought it through and in the end... my decision was to buy one already loaded from the man (garrettemey).

read how many people were happy and said it was painless and easy..

that was all i needed to read.. just my 2 cents..

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I did a lot of reading before posting this

I appreciate everyones hard work to making it as easy as possible for everyone.

I almost ordered a preloaded harddrive but i figured i'd save some money.

I downloaded the 14 files.

I received my harddrive toshiba 80gax something

i disabled the security features

i then used acronis to load the image on the drive

i changed the opening backgrounds to some family pics...this was cool.

the only thing i havent figured out on how to do is the resizing of the music section. I read somewhere somebody used acronis director. i downloaded it but i couldn't figure out how to do it... so i installed it in the dash...but i still want to rezise the music section...can anybody point me in the right direction.

1. my bluetooth still drops sometimes it sounds degraded. might be my phone

2. after upgrading.. the z2 still kept all settings like presets volumes memos

the only thing i had to redo is the bluetooth registration..and the time...

JUST A BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE HERE!!!

I finally upgraded my March 2007 Z2 to Z3. I did it myself with an old 80gb drive I had lying around from my now broken laptop. I booted the old laptop from CD and unlocked the drive from the laptop's internal port, then using a usb adapter I had, I plugged that drive into my desktop to finish the image writing.

I performed the two wire bypass but it took me forever to find information about that friggin Lime Green wire for the Parking brake. I wanted to confirm where it was before I cut that wire. After numerous searches and a lot of reading I found that the answer was in my glove box all along -- in the installation manual. So I want to clarify for others that the Lime Green Wire is INDEED located on the Power Harness and you may ground it to the all-black wire that is a few pins away.

Thanks Again!

-Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I downloaded all of the files for the z3 image and when I used Acronis to restore, I clicked on the z3_virgin1 file it says,

"This is not the last created volume of the backup archive. Please insert the last created volume to start working with the archive."

I also clicked on everyone of the files and it says the same thing.I also redownloaded the files and it does the same thing.Has anyone had the same problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

I just want to get this straight, I have Z3 files using the FTP provided in this postl and the files are all white looking. I am to use true image to convert them back correct? Once I burn this to the correct DVD DL media I can insert this disk into my z3 to use my maps and functions??? I just want to make sure before I begin.

Thanks for your help in advance

Hey guys

I just want to get this straight, I have Z3 files using the FTP provided in this postl and the files are all white looking. I am to use true image to convert them back correct? Once I burn this to the correct DVD DL media I can insert this disk into my z3 to use my maps and functions??? I just want to make sure before I begin. Can this disk be used to upgrade a Z2 to a Z3 by just inserting this disk into the unit with no problems.?

Thanks for your help in advance