AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z3 Hard Drive Image **OFFICIAL**

I think you have a general misconception about how Acronis works. Read the instructions again and check out acronis website for how hard drive imaging works. There is no way to "move the 1 file over".

Quite possible but I followed the "how to" exactly and the only file I selected was the virgin1.tib there are 13 others...that I did not touch...the Z1 updated and everything works perfect but just wondering if I could've saved myself some time and/or is there any benefit to moving the other 13 .tib files to the HDD..

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you have a general misconception about how Acronis works. Read the instructions again and check out acronis website for how hard drive imaging works. There is no way to "move the 1 file over".

Quite possible but I followed the "how to" exactly and the only file I selected was the virgin1.tib there are 13 others...that I did not touch...the Z1 updated and everything works perfect but just wondering if I could've saved myself some time and/or is there any benefit to moving the other 13 .tib files to the HDD..

When you "open" any of the .tib files, they automatically associate with each other to form the completed image. So, unless you specifically deselected a particular partition from the image, you did it right and it loaded the whole ~10gb image. Again, no way to load just one file, since the collection of 14 files contains the completed image.

When you "open" any of the .tib files, they automatically associate with each other to form the completed image. So, unless you specifically deselected a particular partition from the image, you did it right and it loaded the whole ~10gb image. Again, no way to load just one file, since the collection of 14 files contains the completed image.

OHHHHH!! Ok, kewl!! Thanks for the explanation! And thanks to all of you all that made this possible!!

Is this image able to be placed on a the stock z2 drive that has been unlocked with a program that erased the data on it?

yes

I read through the walkthrough that garrettoomey posted early in this thread on how to install the z3 image without hurting your existing files. If I am going to be applying this to my drive that has been wiped what do I need to do differently from the walkthrough? I am ready to do this now I just need to know a few details about using the true image program with my particular application. One thing that I do not understand is that the walkthrought says that the one partition where the maps and POI is is like 17GB and this file that I downloaded is under 10gb.... Are the files that I downloaded compressed and does the true image software un-compresses them when it puts them on the drive?

If someone who has done this could walk me through it over the phone I would be MOST thankfull.

I am not sure how to "tell it to write to the avic drive" I took the drive out of the car tonight paid my $5 to unlock the drive which said that it would destroy all data. I then disabled the lock on the drive following the instructions. I then opened True Image and went to the mount image function and pointed it to the virgin1.TIB file. It never asked me if I wanted to delete the old partitions and when it was done I went and put it back in the unit and it told me in 3 different languages that it was not a usable HDD.

What did I do wrong?

I know that I am close I am just missing something here....