AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z3 Hard Drive Image **OFFICIAL**

Hyperite, whose files are the ones from the HTTP url?

Everyone keeps comparing the image from FTP vs MegaUpload. I was unable to connect to your FTP server because the max connections were in use the last 12 hours or so (or whenever I tried during that time). I was however able to grab it successfully over HTTP. I am going to try to re-assemble these .tib files together, then get a checksum and see if someone can compare theirs to mine.

I'm not answering this.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Pre-Written Drive - If you don't think you're capable of undertaking this task, send a PM to garrettoomey. He bought a bunch of extra drives and will send you a clean, security free, drive with the Z3 image on it (and include the torx wrench needed to remove the hard drive panel!). He's charging $120, which is not much more than the price of the drive itself, and includes shipping as well."

For us lazy peeps who want the EZ mode way out... or tech illiterate peeps... I'd like a few tid bits of info. I dare not ASSUME anything with this one, other than assuming you have any left... so...

1) How big is the drive?

2) MHDD has already been used"

2) After I open the box it was well packaged in :) I just replace the existing one with the new one, and good to go?

I'm going through the options. Just found out today the Z3 image was out lol, been a while since i checked here. Thanks in advance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found while looking at random post...

"garrettoomey wrote:

If it's a new drive it's not locked. The AVIC will lock it unless you turn security off. In other words:

If security is turned off with a free program called MHDD (read the stickies) then the AVIC can never lock it. If security is not turned off, then the AVIC will lock the drive with a password on first boot. This does not affect the drive working in the AVIC, but you will not be able to put it back in a PC to upgrade again.

There is a difference between locked/unlocked and security on/off. Drive must be unlocked ($43 or $5) before security can be turned off (free).

"ro.sniper wrote

Thank you brosef that is the best answer yet! Exactly what i have been looking for. So the conclusion of the thread is...

NEW DRIVE = NO EXTRA COST

ORIGINAL DRIVE = 5 (for data loss) 43 (keep the data)

Thank you!"

I'm not worried about saving any files btw. Just seeing if I should

1) Buy new drive (so so)

2) Use existing Z2 drive (cheapest)

3) Buy urs. (mad moolah)

Lol all of my posts are long. Later! :D

OK one more question.

After i reimage my HD with the New Z3 is there any way i can copy over all my profile? Will i loose all my configuration?

Let me know if there is a way of backing up my profil (location) before i re image my Hard drive.

Thank you,

zeek

AAAAAhhhhh I just read garrettoomey tutorial :shock:

For us lazy peeps who want the EZ mode way out... or tech illiterate peeps... I'd like a few tid bits of info. I dare not ASSUME anything with this one, other than assuming you have any left... so...

1) How big is the drive?

2) MHDD has already been used"

2) After I open the box it was well packaged in :) I just replace the existing one with the new one, and good to go?

1) 60GB Toshiba

2) Of course

2?) Yes

OK one more question.

After i reimage my HD with the New Z3 is there any way i can copy over all my profile? Will i loose all my configuration?

Let me know if there is a way of backing up my profil (location) before i re image my Hard drive.

Thank you,

zeek

Not answering this either.

OK one more question.

Thank you,

zeek

AAAAAhhhhh I just read garrettoomey tutorial

I already found the Tutorial.

Thank you anyways.

Hi all

Firstly, Thanks must go out to Hyperite and the gang for putting this together for us. It is important to respect the contributors of this community if we are to continue to received the fruits of their labor.

To my question.

I performed the update onto a new Fujitsu MHV2080AH 80 GB drive. Drive is rated at 300G/900G for Shock.(Could not get my hands on a Toshiba yesterday). My unit is a vanilla Z2, with B/T and XM/NavTraffic (Sept 07), so I pulled my original drive and set it aside. My initial attempt at the image on Fuji failed with reboots on the Z2. I tried to extend the MSV partition with various programs to no avail. So I thik my screwing around messed with the drive. Imaged the Fuji again and the Z2 rebooted only once during about an hour of playing (setting up the Z2, imported a CD, looked up POIs, routed from California to NY, paired my phone, etc). I think I have a good image, since there were no errored downloading it (HTTP), or creating the HDD. My Voice Command works, so I don't think I have that issue. So my basic question is, Is the Fujitsu going to cut the mustard or should I order a Toshiba GAX drive?

Another question, if I put my original drive back in the Z2, will the system work like it did originally?

Michael.

I tried to post this the other day, but I didn't get a chance to. I used the megaupload method of getting the image. I restored it on a 60GB Toshiba drive, and things seemed to be working okay, for a short while. I loaded about 40 songs on the music library, and the unit went into a reboot loop. I'm lucky, I saved my original drive just in case something like this happened. Now, I'm downloading the image via the HTTP method (FTP is full), and will post back with results. I wanted to note that I did try to use voice commands, and they appeared to be functional.

...in reading the post above, I wanted to point out. Once my unit went into the reboot loop, I pulled the updated drive, and put the original drive back in. It went through the same update screen (do not power off), and when it was finished, I had the AVIC up and running, but with the original drive installed. Just a thought, but you might want to hang on to it as a backup, just in case....

So my basic question is, Is the Fujitsu going to cut the mustard or should I order a Toshiba GAX drive?

Another question, if I put my original drive back in the Z2, will the system work like it did originally?

Michael.

Toshiba is the only brand known to work without rebooting issues. They are sporadic with other brands, so just because you lasted an hour without one doesn't mean it won't happen every 10 seconds the next time you drive.

If you put the original drive back, it'll reload the Z2 firmware, reboot, and function just as it did before any upgrading.