AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z3 Hard Drive Image **OFFICIAL**

Just read through most of this. I did the FTP image on a new 80GB Toshiba drive and I'm jamming. JUST got my Audio 2 harness in today (didn't get it with the deck" When it was a Z2 in the previous vehicle it DID have the bypass working. Since I rolled to the Z3 image, do I need to reapply the bypass image? I can't wait to ground this one last wire tonight!

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pmason718-

I had a Z2 that I wanted to upgrade using the Z3 image discussed on this site. I bought a 60GB Toshiba drive from NewEgg, followed the instructions, and now have the updated Z3 image in my AVIC. I did unlock the drive so that the Z3 wouldn't lock it in the future. I lost the music that I loaded into the library, address book data, phone book data, and that was about it.

Let me know if that helps.

pmason718-

I had a Z2 that I wanted to upgrade using the Z3 image discussed on this site. I bought a 60GB Toshiba drive from NewEgg, followed the instructions, and now have the updated Z3 image in my AVIC. I did unlock the drive so that the Z3 wouldn't lock it in the future. I lost the music that I loaded into the library, address book data, phone book data, and that was about it.

Let me know if that helps.

I dont mind buying a new drive but Im going on vacation in about a week or so. I would love to just update the drive that I already have. Can this be done using the files that are up on the ftp server?

Well, yes and no. You would have to pay to have your drive unlocked. As far as I know, those files aren't on the FTP server. Once you get your drive unlocked, you can use a method described above to only update the maps, and you will be able to keep the music you have in the library.

I wanted to keep the original drive as a working backup, so I opted to buy a new drive, and go that route.

Good luck.

I did unlock the drive so that the Z3 wouldn't lock it in the future.

No, you disabled the security feature of the drive, not unlocked it. Semantics.

Your right...I disabled the security feature....my bad.

2.4 TB...damn...

So I can just update the maps on my Z2. On what page does it state the instructions for this.

The very FIRST page of this thread...

Which one of those links is just the maps. I thought that all of those links containted the whole image

Right, you can't JUST download the maps, as that's not the intent here.

Hyperite, whose files are the ones from the HTTP url?

Everyone keeps comparing the image from FTP vs MegaUpload. I was unable to connect to your FTP server because the max connections were in use the last 12 hours or so (or whenever I tried during that time). I was however able to grab it successfully over HTTP. I am going to try to re-assemble these .tib files together, then get a checksum and see if someone can compare theirs to mine.

I've just installed RapGet

What do i have to paste on it to get the downloads?

link?

Thank you,,

Zeek

Don't bother. The image that was up on Megaupload is damaged. Download from FTP/HTTP (same image, stored in the same place, just a different means of accessing the files).