AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z3 Hard Drive Image **OFFICIAL**

So, I guess your wanting to put the image on DVD for some reason? If so, great. Just want to make sure you don't think burning the image to DVD is the way the upgrade works. You can't put it on DVD then insert into your unit for an upgrade. You write the image directly to your units HDD by hooking it up to your computer.
Yeah, that's what I was confused about too...

DVDs are unnecessary.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I guess your wanting to put the image on DVD for some reason? If so, great. Just want to make sure you don't think burning the image to DVD is the way the upgrade works. You can't put it on DVD then insert into your unit for an upgrade. You write the image directly to your units HDD by hooking it up to your computer.

DVDs are unnecessary.

I don't know, I haven't read the instructions on how to do the upgrade yet, hence the reason I haven't downloaded the software that creates the image :)

DVDs are unnecessary.

I don't know, I haven't read the instructions on how to do the upgrade yet, hence the reason I haven't downloaded the software that creates the image :)

Good talkin' to ya :lol:

I know this is a noob question, but I am going to ask it anyway. Once I have the 14 tib files from Ftp, do I need to somehow compress those to one tib file or do I just point TrueImage to "z3virgin1.tib" and it handles the sequence of all 14. Or none of the above and I am an idiot.

Thanks,

Seth

I just completed the upgrade using the FTP files with no issues at all.

I have an original Z1 upgraded to Z2 last year and upgraded to Z3 now.

Thank you all who contributed and shared this new release.

Thanks again.

Noob question...in reading some of the messages in this thread, it looks like the CDDB data is not up to date. Would it be worth it to:

1) Install the Z3 image on a new drive

2) Run the update CD to update the Gracenote database

3) Create a new image of the drive with the updated CDDB data on it

...just wondering. I have a new HD on the way, and I wanted to see if there would be any interest in something like this.